Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Lavish and Loved

It seems like I'm not the only one who had a problem with pregnancy. The mighty mommy Heidi Klum faced a few bumps herself--although hers are mostly fashion-related! So the supermodel, producer and TV host decided to become a fashion designer, too. And yes, she'll be designing clothes for us preggy women!
 
Heidi says, "I experienced fashion challenges during my four pregnancies and combined my knowledge of what works in terms of style, comfort and practicality to create these lines." The lines she's talking about are called Loved and Lavish, this latter for the mommy who can afford to spend a little more. Loved will be available in A Pea in the Pod while Lavish will be sold in Motherhood Maternity. Both shops ship to the Philippines! Credit card, get thee ready on February 12!

Now I know I said I don't want to wear maternity stuff but if it's Heidi's design, why not?! I like Heidi a lot. In her interview with InStyle (February issue), I really liked her and identified with her love for her hubby and her kids. I know I don't have kids yet but she sees her kids as a wonderful blessing but not the be-all and end-all of her life. She seems to me a very romantic woman but with nerves of steel.

She said her favorite part of the day was "When the kids are finally asleep and I'm alone with Seal!" Haha, I think, even though I don't have the Jelly Bean yet, I think I can understand that! She also said, "Everything is about love when you're pregnant. The baby's being loved by you... your husband, by the grandparents... And you're being loved by everyone." This is very true for me--I feel so much love and joy from my family and friends. It's so cute! Of course, a lot of people (mostly strangers) seem to be angry at me lately because I dare talk about the not-so-pretty parts of pregnancy but, hey, we can't please everyone and I certainly never was anyone who aimed to please!

Anyway, I am very excited to see what Heidi's done. She's a fashionable woman, smart and confident, knows how important it is to be sexy and beautiful, knows how it is to take care of four small children. So I know she will create the most fabulous clothes for the special needs of a pregnant woman. Heidi says, "Being pregnant shouldn't stop you from being fashionable and feeling great about your changing body."

My changing body is indeed a wonder to behold, folks. For one thing, I finally have breasts!!! OMG. So this is what breasts feel like! So nice and soft. My husband is more than deliriously happy, I tell ya. Can't wait to shop for clothes that will show off my brand new cleavage!

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha! I felt the same way! Bring on the halter tops! Enjoy them while they're there!!!!

    P.S. Been reading your other entries too - my god, so many tactless comments thrown your way. I can't believe people blurt out that stuff to a pregnant woman. IGNORE! Bad vibes, cranky baby they say!

    ReplyDelete

This is all pretty new to me so please feel free to share your mommy wisdom!