Wednesday, March 24, 2010

First fabulous purchase for the baby made

Vince pointed this out to me last week in a furniture shop. We were there to buy a big floor lamp and he just happened to say, "Hey, look at this," and there it was: an Eames RAR Rocker.

It wasn't cheap but, after thinking about it, it wasn't expensive either so by the time we left the store 10 minutes later, we had bought the lamp and the rocker. I think Vince was surprised at my impulse purchase. But he didn't dissuade me at all because he knew just as I did that it's a classic design piece! Any home will look lovely with one! It takes up very little space, is sturdy and durable, easy to clean and very eco-friendly. And did I mention it was a classic Eames design?!
Truth to tell, I was thinking of the Jelly Bean when I saw it. Look at this nursery I found on Cool House Design Ideas:

And here's our baby's new rocking chair in our house:
Perfect!

11 comments:

  1. wow frances! i love that rocker :) so modern and chic! i'm sure little jelly bean will love that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the rocking chair will be perfect for those breastfeeding and difficult sleeping days and nights :) one friend told me when i got pregnant that i should get a rocking chair as it's very helpful and comfortable. and yes, the one you got looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you'll spend so much time on that rocking chair, I guarantee it. :)It's a good way to put a baby to sleep without straining your back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a very cool-looking rocker. And it does look very compact too. Most rockers take up a lot of space. It certainly seems to be a great investment. I'm sure you'll spend many precious moments in it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your rocker looks really cool! The rocker proved real useful for me. When my baby was a newborn, we were on the rocker nearly 24/7.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i almost got that last year but chickened out. didn't know where to put it in our little place hahaha. but maybe when i see one and its available, i'd definitely get it. it really is a good buy!

    van
    mylavenderfields.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi, topaz mommy. just would like to know where you got the rocking chair and the throwpillow cases?love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. when my daughter was born, i found out that breastfeeding is one of the most difficult tasks i have ever experienced..i became stressed and the milk i produced wasn't too beneficial. i told my hubby that the next time we get pregnant that we'd buy a rocking chair!

    this is rocking chair is superb! congratulations on your purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous, we bought the chair at Decor, 2nd level Glorietta 4, right outside the Rustan's entrance. They order only one piece every 3-4 months so reserve ka na!

    As for the pillow cases, we had the ones on the bed customized and the style on the rocker is from Rustan's.

    ReplyDelete
  10. loved the way how you've put stuff together in your house. will definitely check out the places you've mentioned when i go to glorietta. thanks for the info. :)

    ReplyDelete

This is all pretty new to me so please feel free to share your mommy wisdom!