Friday, March 19, 2010

Jumping Jelly Bean!

I've been suspicious of the bubbly feeling in my tummy last week. But since I am a gassy preggy woman, I dismissed those feelings as gas.

On Wednesday morning, I felt what felt like three little kicks on my right lower abdomen. I thought, "Could that be it?"

Last night, at a dinner, I really felt some heavy-duty rumbling in my tummy, the kind that felt like I'm going to have to rush to the bathroom but at the same time, it didn't feel like I needed to go to the bathroom. I know that didn't make sense.

By bedtime, as I was lying quietly with my hands on the tummy, I felt it. Against my right palm--three moving bumps. I imagined the Loch Ness monster. I told Vince, he put his hand on my tummy, he felt nothing so he put his face against my tummy and said, "Hello?" and pressed his his ear against the tummy. Vince then got this shocked look on his face as he snapped his head away from my tummy: "I felt it. It jabbed my cheek!"

We're freaked out. But we're also giddy with excitement. At 18 weeks, the Jelly Bean is moving!

8 comments:

  1. Oh I remember that feeling where you're at the stage when you're unsure if it's the baby or what. I remember the popping sensation, like bubbles or popcorn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww..i'm so happy for you and vince frances :) i know how it feels :D super nakaka-excite :)
    the other night, superchuboink was making "papansin". wanna know what she did? she pressed her little foot against my tummy, we were able to see the outline of her foot :) it was so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting :D Jelly Bean is making her/his presence felt this early to daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWWWW!!! AWWW! So cool, Neighbor!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saya nyan! Mamya, magta-tumbling na yan dyan hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. aaaahhhh! :) im so excited for u. the baby moving around is perhaps one of the best feelings in the whole wide world. watch out when Jelly Bean becomes too adventurous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awwwwwwwwwww...that's just the cutest!

    ReplyDelete

This is all pretty new to me so please feel free to share your mommy wisdom!