Friday, April 9, 2010

Pregnant pics at 5 months

I promised a reader I'll write about pregnancy style so here it is!

I still haven't bought maternity clothes. I just went to my usual dress haunts and got a medium (I'm usually a small) or a size 6 (I'm usually a 4). From the front, I don't even look pregnant. From the side, well, there you go--the big baby belly bump!

The secret to looking slim while pregnant is black, black, black! Y'all know that black can make you look thin, and pregnant Hollywood stars often turn to black to avoid looking too big. More fashion tips after the jump!

If you don't like black, stick to one color since it fools the eye into thinking there's one long length of you. I like dark green, navy blue, gray and white! I am especially fond of this Karimadon with a big  bow on the chest--makes my new chest look even bigger, but in a sweet way!
 
From the front
From the side

Busy patterns, which pregnant women seem to be fond of, just widen you. So avoid them. If you do like patterns (like me!), get the small kind--you know, tiny flowers, little paisley swirls. Do not get clothes with huge circles, big teddy bears, big flowers. Also, remember that you're carrying a baby; you're not the baby. So choose sophisticated touches, not prints that toddlers will wear.

Choose clothes that are tailored--yes, it's possible to wear tailored clothes even while pregnant. Just look at this black dress again.
This is again a Karimadon (which I wore with Vita Fede bangles and Schu flats) and it came with a big belt. No need to wear the belt but after I give birth, I can still use this dress and wrap the belt around my waist, which will hopefully reappear by Christmas!

You don't really need a lot of maternity wear anyway. I think I rotate about 10 dresses. Silk jersey dresses, soft knitwear, comfy cotton--clothes that flow over the body or those that show off just the boobs or the tummy celebrate your new shape without making you look dumpy and fat--even if we are! The trick is to look slim, not be thin. A lot of women just buy maxi dresses--they look so romantic. Some women I know wear jeans and short shorts--they look so damn hot! I'm not that kind, though (wish I were!). If I want to look sexy, I just bring out my mini dresses.

So just because you're going to be a mom doesn't mean you cease to be a woman. After all, you got pregnant because someone thought you were sexy enough to sleep with! Don't forget that sexy creature!

8 comments:

  1. i look a lot more preggy than you do, frances. :) preggy becomes you!! :) love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shen, you're bodacious not preggy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my, im extra again in your blog! I looove it!:) you look fabulous as ever dear frances;)

    and since i'm not preggy yet... my comment will be about non pregger topic.. heehee:) I just luuurve the glass foyer table.. pls PM me where you got it, and price please!:) OK lang?:)

    hope to see you again soon before you pop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frances, since you look super nice even if you are pregnant. I just need a tip. I am hating my hair now, super hate it as there are days I can't even get up my bed due to this bed rest from my doctor. Should I just have my hair cut short. Although i don't really look good with short hair? What should I do? I am on a roller coaster feeling right now... huhuhu

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anon, oh thanks! But I work hard on it--I blowdry my hair, put in curlers, use styling agents. Most days, I just tie the whole thing in a ponytail!

    If you don't look good with short hair, then don't cut it! You'll feel worse. Tie it back (believe me, my hair is only nice when I super style it) so that it's out of your way.

    Perhaps a trip to the salon can also help--I had a little trim a few weeks ago to give my hair a little body and to also feel pampered. Like you, I also hated my hair--so oily and greasy and lifeless and ugly. But the salon trip helped me feel better.

    But if you're on bed rest, just stay in bed. Some neighborhood salons offer home service! Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vicky! I'll PM you through FB =)

    To the curious ones, the clock is from True Value, the foyer table is from Jo-Liza Antiques, the yellow ball flowers are from SM, the Chinese garden stool is from Dimensione.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI Frances. I chanced upon your blog from Jen Aspacio. It's really incredible how judgmental people are. I don't know what it is about pregnancy that makes one so susceptible to people's advice. I was once in your shoes (yes, your high heeled shoes, teehee.) and I received so much hate mail in my blog when I was pregnant.

    I just figured, if these people have the time to keep on reading a blog they don't agree with, then they probably don't have much of a life and I'd rather pity them than believe the awful things they're saying about me.

    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  8. you look so fab frances! :D you don't look preggy nga eh..hahaha :D
    i'm so envious. i can't wear dresses kasi yung mga stretchmarks ko nasa legs, at wala sa tummy. weird talaga!

    ReplyDelete

This is all pretty new to me so please feel free to share your mommy wisdom!