Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Relocation. Rejuvenation.

Just want to say that I'm loving where I am right now. To make room for the baby, who will stay in our bedroom for his first year, we've transferred my gorgeous Prizmic & Brill writing desk to Vince's study. In one corner, him; in the other, me! So now I actually get to spend more time with him!

This isn't a good photo of me (hair unbrushed, no makeup) or my desk (messy!) but I'll post it anyway just so you see how happy I am to be in the same room as my hubby...


Yikes, am I huge or am I huge? Looking at that photo, I can't imagine ever having a flat tummy ever again! Omigas, must get back to fighting form by Christmas! Will possibly happen as I am hell-bent on breastfeeding and everyone tells me that that will absolutely shrink all the fat away.

Missed my breastfeeding class last weekend, though. Can't seem to wake up, get up or do anything anymore. I'm so heavy! And I really wanted to go to that class (unlike the Lamaze ones) because I hear this all the time from mommies: "I'd rather give birth again than breastfeed. Breastfeeding is so painful!" That is scaring me more than giving birth! So I resolved to go to a nursing class and--surprise! surprise!--I missed it. Thankfully, so many kind mommies have offered to be my breastfeeding coach, or just meet up so that they can support me because they say that the next few months (years!) will be tough and mommies must help each other. I almost cried because that mommy who said that to me, I haven't even met her yet!

Which reminds me... You know, this past weekend, I was feeling very sad because something happened that made me realize that this world is filled with mean, nasty, evil people. And here I am bringing a kid into this awful place. It's insanity really, on my part, to bring an innocent life into this evil world. And then I looked at this blog and my Facebook wall and my emails and text messages, and I was reminded of the kindness of friends and even strangers who send me and my family lovely gifts and good will. People all over the world are sending my little family so much love!

So I really should have faith in the goodness of mankind and the beauty of life. Thank you for reminding me of that. God bless you all! 

7 comments:

  1. Mader, I'd rather breastfeed naman than give birth again hehe Anyway, kayang-kaya mo yan. The trick is for the baby to latch on; once he learns that, go, go, go na! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Frances, you look beautiful! Beautiful mom to be, congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What month are you at Frances? I recall my 8th month was hardest - baby was soooo heavy! Breastfeeding in my case wasn't too painful - dropped twenty pounds in 10 days! Oh, and be sure to warn your hospital's nursery and the pedia NOT to give your baby formula once they bring baby to the nursery right after delivery, as you intend to breastfeed. I think this is SOP for most hospitals, problem is with some mommies, the newborn latches on to the bottle and formula (first drink kasi), and when they bring you to your baby to breastfeed for the first time, some babies take a while to latch on to mommy's breast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Breastfeeding rocks! I'm not going to lie to you, it hurt like hell for the first few days but after that it was the best feeling ever. And its no where near the pains of giving birth! Ooops, that was meant to make you feel better.

    I would think you'd benefit more from a breastfeeding class or consultant once you've started.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great office space! I'm jealous - mine is currently in the t.v. room, next to the kids, watching Kung Fu Panda...

    ReplyDelete
  6. ako naman i would like to give birth again just to be able to breastfeed again...and properly this time! i only breastfed my daughter for 1 month and she had gas pains the whole time! doctor said it could be because of what i ate, but there were a lot of restrictions, it became expensive to keep up! also, i experienced a lot of neck and back pains! my daughter was born via CS and studies showed that CS babies don't get as much antibodies as normally delivered babies, and therefore are more prone to sickness. true enough, my daughter was sickly during her first year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hypermom, ya, that latching thing is what everyone says! Wish me luck!

    Ed, wow, thanks! So much enthusiasm!

    Anna, I'm on the cusp of my 9th month and, argh, hirap na hirap na ako. But everyone says that I'm great since I'm still skipping about and dancing and walking everywhere. As for formula, no worries--St. Luke's Global has no nursery and no formula. Breastfeeding lang ang policy nila. So good luck na talaga sa amin ni Jely Bean!!!

    Rone, thanks--that did make me feel better because if breastfeeding is harder than giving birth, naku, mag-formula na lang siya! After all, I wasn't breastfed and I'm fabulous!

    Parenting, haha, at least there's some sort of office, right? =)

    Bianca, okay lang yan. I was born via CS and was never breastfed. My siblings, the same also. But I was the only sickly one. So depende talaga yan.

    ReplyDelete

This is all pretty new to me so please feel free to share your mommy wisdom!