Saturday, July 31, 2010

Tushy Wushy for the baby!

So I know I've been gone forever so I'm a tad overwhelmed because I have a lot of blogging updates to do. One of them is to tell you guys about my new favorite find--Tushy Wushy cloth diapers!

Jen Tan, one of the lovely women behind Next9, distributor of these fabulous cloth diapers, sent my Jelly Bean a pack of blue Tushy Wushies last month. Now I've been thinking of buying these diapers since I got pregnant because my friends Jennie and Joanna both talk about it like it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. So when Jen emailed me out of the blue to say she's been following this blog and would like to send over gifts for the Bean, I just about jumped out of my skin, so thrilled was I!

When Jen sent over our Tushy Wushy set--a pack contains 3 diapers for P1,000--Vince (my adorable darling husband who I do believe is more excited about the baby than I am!) immediately practiced putting the diapers on--who else?--my Mozzarella!

Oh, we're using our new mini guerrilla-style photo studio set-up here and learning how to drop out shots and all. It's not easy! We need another light! Of course, Mozzy was as patient as ever being our guinea pig.

Anyway, Vince loves the Tushy Wushy because it's stylish and easy to use. I love it because it'll really help our cause in keeping the environment free from non-biodegradable disposable diapers. Still, this doesn't mean I'll never use disposables, okay? Many moms tell me that disposables will save my sanity when I take the baby out, so I'll do my part in saving the world by using cloth diapers as much as possible but I think I'll cheat once in a while because my sanity needs preserving, too!


Since Vince and I love these fabulous Tushy Wushies, I immediately ordered 3 more sets: black, orange and army green! My son will look so cute in these stylish environment-friendly diapers! Thanks, Jen! Thank you also for the R' Jelly Bean baby sling and nursing cover! God bless you!   

To order, click here!

4 comments:

  1. I'm a new follower here and your posts are really amusing! You're one pretty mommy. Good luck with birthing and I'm sure you're all ready to go. Just wanna share a list that I made for my expectant friends and hope this helps in a little way in case you missed a few things :)
    Mom-Friday's Baby Checklist

    ReplyDelete
  2. FRANCES... i love this tushy wushy... where can i get it from???? my baby should have one too.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son Vito loves Tushy Wushy! We have the khaki ones, and he began using them as a newborn. They are super great when the weather is warm and humid because they keep baby feeling cooler (down there!) and less sticky.

    The liners of Tushy Wushy take rather long to dry (if you make "sampay") as they are rather thick. I would recommend you get several of the liners though, as babies "go potty" often. I also suggest you get a diaper pail and soak since you will need to do a lot of washing. For this, you can use eco-friendly products from Messy Bessy; they have a great line of natural-based detergents.

    Of course, have disposables on hand all the time. They can really save your life, especially during times na brown-out (no washing machine, no ironing), for travel and for when baby sleeps through the night.

    (For Emily: You may purchase Tushy Wushy at Babyland branches in Shaw Blvd and Glorietta.)

    Hope you are well, Frances. I'll be praying for a safe delivery for you! God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes it is really a great buy. The only thing I don't like about tushy wushy is that it is too bulky. And you have to buy a few more sets to use when your little jelly bean gets older.You can also try thirsties, they have a filipino seller here. :)

    ReplyDelete

This is all pretty new to me so please feel free to share your mommy wisdom!