Sunday, July 11, 2010

Must pay for my yaya's SSS contributions

Ack. My mother-in-law told me what I failed to realize now that I'll have a yaya (nanny)--I'm an employer now so I have to pay for the yaya's SSS contributions. I hope Ate Marita will welcome the news that her salary will be deducted. Yeesh, who likes hearing that?

Ate Marita used to take care of me and my siblings when we were kids and when she found out I was pregnant, she immediately volunteered to take care of Jelly Bean. At first, I didn't want to get her because, well, let's just say I talked back to my parents but I never ever talked back to Ate Marita. And I'm imagining that once she's in my house, I'll be reduced to a kid again!

My husband, of course, thinks that Ate Marita is an excellent idea since, like him, she is efficient and obsessive with cleanliness and orderliness. Plus, she's family now. In fact, when Mama died, I believe she cried more than we all did. The hubby doesn't want to entrust our child to a stranger and he does have a point so Ate Marita starts working for us soon.

Which means I have to really drag my pregnant ass to SSS soonest. Sigh.  So I just added more things to do to my Things To Do! My word, there are not enough hours in a day to do all the things I need to do to prepare for this baby!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Frances! :) hehe, i messaged you na in fb, but ill comment here as well. Ask Ms Loids for help! She has connections so you might have an easier time filing-- or maybe you can make pasama some of the forms and stuff to her? she sends papers to SSS every month, and she knows people there nadin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Philhealth too Frances. There's a bill in Congress now about compulsory benefits for yayas, and other household workers (including drivers) and it includes not only SSS but Philhealth also. No doubt that bill will be passed into law soon. The philhealth site is extremely helpful www.philhealth.gov.ph

    ReplyDelete
  3. Billie, ya, Miss Loids has been very helpful =)

    Anna, pati PhilHealth??? Naku, wala na talaga akong pera!!!

    ReplyDelete

This is all pretty new to me so please feel free to share your mommy wisdom!