Saturday, August 7, 2010

My belly button behaved itself

Remember when I talked about missing my belly button?
Pinky is 34 weeks along while I'm 38 weeks!

Well, a couple of days ago, my my dear old friend from Assumption, Pinky Jacob Ileto, kidnapped me so we can have a lovely mommy-to-be chat over dinner. She gave Jelly Bean a fabulous Darth Vader button-down shirt (to the immense delight of the baby daddy!) and then she dragged me around Rustan's Shang to shop for all things baby--bottles, nipples, clothes, etc!

Now, in our photo above, you can see that my 38-week-old pregnant belly is stretched to incredible proportions... but my belly button is nowhere to be seen.

Yep, folks, the button decided it won't become a third nipple. So despite the stretchmarks, the huge bloated feet, the weird skin discolorations and everything else happening to my body, I'm happy one part of me decided to behave itself. Thank you!

4 comments:

  1. good luck frances! i super can't wait to see jellybean :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say you're the first preggy lady I've seen with no popping belly button! lucky you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're the same as I! I think when you're naturally skinny, the belly button is more obedient, hehe (That's just my thinking, no medical proof!)
    I hope you're feeling well and that the waddling is easy! I gave birth at 38 weeks and five days -- your little bub should be here anytime now! My prayers go out to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited to see Jelly Bean, and I really wonder what his name would be. =) Good luck & God Bless, Frances! =)

    ReplyDelete

This is all pretty new to me so please feel free to share your mommy wisdom!