Wednesday, August 11, 2010

This is where my Jelly Bean will sleep

I'm 39 weeks and 2 days pregnant as I type this and though the Jelly Bean's due date is still next week, his father and I are most impatient. Everything's ready! Vince and I are as ready as could be and, at the same time, we don't think we'll ever be ready for the daunting task ahead.

Perhaps that's where the material things come in. Somehow, furnishing the nursery with nice things and receiving so many wonderful gifts from so many lovely people are our way of assuring ourselves that it will all be okay. I mean, just look at my son's bed. I don't think he can say we didn't try to give him a good start in life!

This is a cot from Mothercare. It's larger than the average crib.
The baby can use it until he's 5 years old!
Beddings are from SM Dept. Store. Vince and I chose the least
pa-cute design because Jelly Bean is a serious baby!
Beddings, to my shock, are quite pricey. But this set includes a fitted sheet, headboard thingie, a bumper, a comforter, 2 bolster pillows and cases, and a pillow with a depression in the middle so that baby's head doesn't become flat.
My teddy bear prefers the baby's bed now!

Exciting times ahead! We can't wait for the baby darling to sleep here.

9 comments:

  1. i like the beddings! cute and classy. i'm so excited for you frances! malapit na!

    i gave birth a week before my due date so just incase, make sure you're bag should be prepared na by now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was ready 3 weeks ago!!! We know a lot of women kasi who gave birth on their 36th, 37th week so we had our hospital bag ready then. We've had a couple of false alarms, too. So the bag and all the documents are in the car! We're ready!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would advise to rethink the pillows before he's 1. :) Pedia advises to sleep with nothing in the crib with the baby (pillows, stuffed toys, blankets) to prevent suffocation and SIDS.

    Bsati and I co-sleep, so the crib functions as a, 1)side rail for the bed, 2) a place to keep my phone and DS, 3) a place to put the baby down while I dress up (really quickly at that!). I hope someday Basti will actually sleep in it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry, Eli. I don't plan to use the pillows or the comforter till he's old enough or the weather's cold enough (which it will never be in these parts).

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bed is so cute!! So cozy that I want it for myself! lol
    Can't wait to see your jellybean...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Frances... everything is so cute!!! I can't wait to see your jelly bean already... :) Take care always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely! good thing the crib is large! perfect for that daddy-and-baby-in-the-middle-of-the-night reenactment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, pang-picture pala! :) I'm so excited for you Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What baby won't love this crib? hehe. It's nice too that you'll be able to convert it to a bed he can still use til his five. Very practical. :) And yay that the beddings are more white then blue. hehe

    Vera

    ReplyDelete

This is all pretty new to me so please feel free to share your mommy wisdom!