Friday, August 13, 2010

While I am still lucid...

I just want to say to preggy mommies that you should add water bottles filled with water or cold tea infusions to your hospital bag list. Spent the entire day at the hospital today. Thirsty. I had to keep asking for water from the nurses, who would comply with little paper cups of cold water that never quite quenched my thirst. So mental note: Bring your own water bottle! 


Yes. I am in the middle of labor as I type this. I swear the pain is driving me insane. Why am I still blogging? Because I'm waiting for the contractions to become 5 minutes apart--the OBG sent me home. Yes, after I spent the entire day at the hospital with too few and irregular contractions, she decided to send me home! Just my luck, this evening, the contractions are coming and they are fast. And they are painful!!!

It's 1:56 in the morning of Friday the 13th. I always believed Jelly Bean is a lucky child. I had told him to come out on the 9th (so that his birth date will be 08/09/10) or on the 15th (so that his birthday will always fall on a payday) but my son has other ideas and instead has chosen a most curious day to make his debut. Well, dear readers, wish us luck! Include us in your prayers!


Okay, contractions coming at 10 minutes apart. Time to fill that bottle... I don't know when I'll be back in the blogging world but I wish you all well and may the Force be with you!

 

12 comments:

  1. Good luck Ms. F! We're all praying for your safe delivery. Excited to see jelly bean! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a safe delivery Frances!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if you've given birth by now and have heard the first cry of the little Jelly Bean? Congratulations Frances, and Vince! My thoughts will be with you today :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm praying for you Fran! I was Facebooking and texting while in labor too! Helps get your mind off the contractions. Have a safe delivery! Can't wait to meet Jelly Bean!

    ReplyDelete
  5. have a safe delivery, frances!

    ReplyDelete
  6. God Bless Frances. Have a safe delivery. We will pray for you and your jellybean :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hoping for a fast and easy delivery Frances!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm praying for you, Frances! May you have all the strength you need for this -- it's a life-changing experience to give birth. God bless you all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! Have a safe delivery! I gave birth on the 13th too. In fact, my baby just turned 10 months today. It's not so bad, really! I also wished she would make her debut sooner or later than that date but she too had other plans! I'm excited for you! :-)

    You're so funny, naglelabor ka nga, nakuha mo pa magblog! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my!!! goodluck... there will come a time that you can neither eat nor drink...
    I'll be praying for you!!!
    hoping for the fast recovery and safe delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wishing you well, frances! just text me if you need bfg support!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mommies, thank you so much for your well wishes and prayers. Labor was a breeze haha! Seriously, it wasn't as bad as I thought... but I think it was because all your prayers helped me in there. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

This is all pretty new to me so please feel free to share your mommy wisdom!