Friday, September 24, 2010

What's your health plan?

Seriously, I grew up a sickly girl but these past 10 months, I've seen too many doctors and too much hospital (and handed over too much money!) for my taste. So we've finally given birth but that only means even more face time with another kind of doctor: the pediatrician. This is my family at the pediatrician two weeks ago:
Vito is one month old here! I'm still trying to lose the preggy belly!
Well, time to shop for a good health plan. I actually have health insurance courtesy of my employ but it's not as good as the one I grew up with. It's a huge shock to me since I had amazing health care growing up as the beneficiary of my Mama (she used to work in Meralco)--All medical conditions covered. All dental work covered. If the procedure is cosmetic, 25% covered. I used to go in and out of hospitals with not a peso on me and the insurance paid for absolutely everything. So when Mama died and I had to avail of the health plan at work... well, let's just say it's not as good.

So now that we have this fascinating young man in our lives, Vince and I need to get a good, solid, reliable health insurance plan. Soon. Do you have a health plan? What is it? Are you happy with it? Help!

2 comments:

  1. I have one through my mom as well, It is East West but I'm very with it. Currently looking for a better one. I'm leaning towards Maxicare as every doctor we go to or want to go to are on it. Interested to see what everyone else has to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello frances,

    been reading your blog for quite a while now. cute baby vito you have there.

    just want to share my views on these health plans. ive had a couple na from my previous employers:

    1.Generali Pilipinas
    - serves as insurance as well
    - high limits (my mother was my dependent back then and she undergone bone surgery at st lukes, our bill reached almost 500k but generali covered everything)
    - you can reimburse meds with limit per sickness
    - not sure lang if they offer this to individuals.

    2. Maxicare
    - i just hate the long lines when i comes to getting approval palang.
    - accredited everywhere

    3. Cocolife
    - our current health care. also my baby's
    - its ok din naman
    - accredited mostly everywhere

    one thing i can say, getting one is really a must. hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete

This is all pretty new to me so please feel free to share your mommy wisdom!