Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Vince's letter to our Jelly Bean

The essay that Vince wrote for Good Housekeeping was a hit with you! So I'm posting another one, this time a letter that Vince wrote to our then unborn son. It appeared in the July 2010 issue of Smart Parenting.


click to enlarge
I wrote the cover article, by the way. I'm sure some of you remember. Click here for the behind-the-scenes deets from that cover shoot and interview.


But it's nothing compared to what Vince wrote. Vince is the word master. And utterly wonderful with how he expresses his love for his family. Thanks, Vince!

12 comments:

  1. Awww, Frances! Vince's letter is amazing -- it made me laugh out loud and tear up while going "Awww..." at the same time! He is a word master. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vince is so talented, Frances! What an amazing gift it is to be able to wordsmith like that! I'm so blessed. Thanks for sharing this. Your Vito will one day realize what a lucky baby he is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vince is really amazing with words!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, Vito is a god among men :) Lovely lovely words from Vince - we should keep this and show them to all new dads. Very quotable too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful! you and Vito are blessed indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a sweet letter! reminds me of this book i read, suzanne's diary for nicholas. awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It takes an expert to write such a beautiful piece. I wish I could write as beautiful and as spontaneous as you both do.

    Arianne here, Ms. F! I miss OK! family

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, everybody!

    Vito's in the July issue of Smart Parenting, btw! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. well that's just the sweeeeetest. :) got here through benz's blog entry. :) God bless you and your family more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi ate france! I was almost teary halfway through the letter but I just have to laugh at Kuya Vince's advise # 2 & 3 - ang kulit! haha! And the footnote was also consistent..hahaha! just the right touch so Vito won't think his papa is being too mushy over him.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Ching and Diana! Yes, Vince is really funny =)

    ReplyDelete

This is all pretty new to me so please feel free to share your mommy wisdom!