Sunday, October 23, 2011

Time for me to start using Palmers Oil

I wasn't very religious with applying the creams and lotions last time I was preggy. Even then, I only have a few stretch marks--inner thighs and bikini line--and they've mostly faded now. So I don't really care much about stretch mark-prevention now that I'm pregnant again.

Until I saw that Palmer's came out with this oil:

It won't only prevent, it can also treat! Scars (even acne scars), stretch marks, dry skin, damaged skin, fine lines--bring it on! Palmer's Cocoa Butter Skin Therapy Oil with Rosehip seems like a wonder oil!

Here's more from the press kit Rustan's sent me:
It’s lightweight and preservative-free formula contains an exclusive blend of key ingredients. Theobroma cacao seed butter is extracted from roasted cocoa seeds to produce an emollient that softens skin. Sesamum indicum seed oil creates a barrier that locks in moisture, while Tocopheryl acetate (Vitamin E) and Rosehip oil acts as an antioxidant with healing properties.

The active ingredients combined with the goodness of natural cocoa butter, rosehip oil, Vitamin E and natural oils produces a unique rapidermal absorption system that quickly penetrates without the usual icky greasiness, leaving skin moisturized silky smooth, clear and radiant. In fact, many users noted having a less oily face and expectant mothers have used the oil to effectively prevent stretch marks. With Palmer’s Skin Therapy Oil’s non-staining formula, you also need not worry about your clothes. 


Has anyone actually tried this? It's P495 for the 60ml bottle (P695 for the 150ml one) so I wanna know if this works first before I go off and buy. But I really really really want this to work because this oil will simplify my beauty routine--and when you're pregnant, with a toddler, a business and a career, that's huge! Instead of scar remover for this, moisturizing lotion for that, anti-aging here and lightening there, I'll have everything in one golden bottle!

Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil is available at Rustan’s Department Stores: Makati, Shangri-la, Alabang Town Center, Robinson’s Place, Gateway Mall, Cebu and all major department stores and supermarkets nationwide, outside of Rustan’s.

9 comments:

  1. This product looks promising. I lost my battle with stretch marks when I got pregnant, even if I put baby oil (that's what my mom recommended) and Belli Elasticity Belly Oil every day and night to help moisturize my belly skin. I heard it was bound to happen anyway because of genetics. I would love to know if this does wonders to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please let me know when you find out if it works! I religiously applied lotion all over my belly and thighs when I was pregnant, because I was genetically predisposed to stretchmarks. (Plus I already had some in my thighs before when I got big then lost weight.) But alas, it wasn't enough! If someone would have offered me a tummy tuck for free (ala Kate Plus 8), I would've jumped at the chance a long time ago. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried Palmer's. But for my 1st pregnancy, I tried Neutrogena's body oil. Did not work for me. I'm currently pregnant with my 2nd baby too, and i'm using mothercare's it's your body stretch mark oil. my stretchmarks are lighter, and it smells better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd want to use this too for Lyndel for the scars.. he has papular acrodermatitis now, a reaction from his viral infection when he had fever.. Im afraid he'll have many scars, para shang Dalmatian :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never used Palmers Oil or anything to help with stretch marks. Oh I wish I did. I don't know what to do with them now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a mother of 2 lovely daughters.. 1yr and 3yrs old :) Palmers' good.. never had stretch marks :) .. try it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you ever tried L'Occitane's Pure shea butter? I personally use it for my dry skin but others reviewed it using for their stretch marks. The 5.2 Oz size will last you at least 12 months since a little goes a long way. It's retail for $40 online and Sephora.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm 8 months pregnant and i used this product everyday i hope it works i didn't see any result yet

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mom of 2 boys, survivor of 2 CS! It's only lately that I've had the luxury to spend on proper skin care products and this one is a miracle worker :) It's affordable, absorbs fast and gives you soft, moisturized, and supple skin! You HAVE TO GET A BOTTLE! :)

    ReplyDelete

This is all pretty new to me so please feel free to share your mommy wisdom!