Monday, August 29, 2011

Vito loves these lullabies from YouTube's Super Simple Songs

One evening just recently, I was having a hard time getting my son to sleep. I tried tickling him to exhaustion. I tried rocking him in my arms. I tried total silence in total darkness so he can get bored. I tried his usual night-night songs. And still he was climbing down my arms, climbing down the bed and running around (yes, even in the dark!).

Finally, I said, "Vito, since you simply refuse to sleep, let's work on your alphabet. Let's look for a phonics video on YouTube." After being displeased with some phonics vids, I found Super Simple Songs. And, miracle of miracles, these songs sent Vito off to dreamland!


Row, Row, Row Your Boat
I love how dreamy this song is. I love the soft voices. I love the art. And the constant repetition lulls Vito to drowsiness.


Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star
I think this is so adorable. Vito absolutely loves this video best. And when Mr. Owl says good-bye to Mr. Star, Vito and I get to practice our bye-bye wave and then I whisper, "Good night, Mr. Star. Good night, Mr. Owl. Good night, Vito." My little star falls asleep soon after!

There are more lovely songs and charming videos on Super Simple Songs. That YouTube channel is my favorite find this month and I hope it becomes yours, too!

7 comments:

  1. You should try some rockabye baby songs, too:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVfhXfGrX0Y

    My daughter loves them! They also have Coldplay and No Doubt songs. :)

    http://wonderwomanrises.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the best version of twinkle twinkle little star that you can find on youtube. ever! My twins love that! And oo nga, ang papanget nung mga ABC songs nila sana may magupload ng maganda :) My babies naman loves to watch barney's iloveyou song on youtube

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Frances! I love your blogs! Funny I do the same thing with my Janina. I go to You Tube to look for songs to put her to sleep. Thanks for sharing your You Tube find =) Have bookmarked it already. btw, here's what i have but I only like the ABC song because of the mommy's singing voice. =)

    http://youtu.be/eOb9Bs86dMU

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for this! have already bookmarked and subscribed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mommy Topaz,

    Thanks for sharing this link.
    This will be helpful in putting my 2-month old son to sleep. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Frances!

    The Owl & Star version of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star is our favorite! Rio just loves the owl and as the video comes to an end, I also say Goodbye Star, Goodbye Owl! But nothing beats my breasts and milk in putting my 4-month old baby Rio to sleep, hehe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love Super Simple Songs too! Overplayed din ang Twinkle, twinkle little star plus the rain, rain go away song :)

    ReplyDelete

This is all pretty new to me so please feel free to share your mommy wisdom!