Saturday, October 22, 2011

These shoes remind me of the happiest place on earth!

This post is brought to you by Adidas.

One of my happiest memories is when Vince's parents brought the entire family to Hong Kong Disneyland in November 2008, some time after my 32nd birthday and a few weeks after my mother died. I desperately needed cheering up and that trip was just the medicine.

Since then I associate my birthday and happiness with Disneyland. I totally fell in love with Disneyland. I told Vince I want to go to all the Disneylands in the world. In fact, when we applied for our US visa in 2009, I told the guy behind the window, "No, no real reason. I just want to see Disneyland." Ten-year visa approved!

Anyway, I've been meaning to go every year but I got pregnant November 2009, was a mom to a newborn in 2010 (and completely financially wiped out, too, because of my father's double amputations), and now... It's 2011, I'm turning 35--a milestone!--and I'm on bed rest because I'm pregnant again. Geez. At this rate, the next time I see Disneyland will be when I'm 40.

So when adidas sent me photos of their Mickey and Minnie shoe collection, a happy (and wistful) sigh escaped me.









Vito has to have a pair when we finally go to HK Disneyland. And, if Wiggle turns out to be baby girl, then we'll have to buy her a pair of Minnie's!







I'll wait for a while before we buy Vito shoes, though. We just went shoe shopping for Vito and Star Wars-geek Vince bought his son uber cool Boba Fett sneaks!
Cool! More cute photos here!


adidas for kids is exclusively available at adidas shops in Alabang Town Center, Eastwood Mall, Greenbelt 3, Power Plant, Trinoma, Robinsons Bacolod and Gaisano Davao, and Rustan's Makati, Shangri-la Plaza.

3 comments:

  1. The Disneyland in Cali is fantastic! The one in HK is no less magical, but ibang level talaga yung sa Cali! Wish you can go soon, Frances!:) I've been meaning to go back, but I can't renew my expired tourist visa because I'm a nurse. Denied, denied and denied!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your post everyday. I can feel how beautiful person you are even in simple blogpost like this. You truly inspire and give hope to many women who also undergo the same life adventures and dramas. You know, I started following OK mag just becase I somehow have an idea about the EIC behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your post everyday. I can feel how beautiful person you are even in simple blogpost like this. You truly inspire and give hope to many women who also undergo the same life adventures and dramas. You know, I started following OK mag just becase I somehow have an idea about the EIC behind it.

    ReplyDelete

This is all pretty new to me so please feel free to share your mommy wisdom!