Friday, November 18, 2011

Can't wait to exercise!

This post is brought to you by Adidas.

I forgot to tell you all that my subchorionic hemorrhage (SCH) is gone! I found out right before my birthday 2 weeks ago so that was the best birthday gift ever! Thank you for all your prayers, dear online friends!

So now that I am officially off bed rest, the first thing I wanted to do was get some exercise. Especially when I saw the workout gear adidas emailed me, which I'll be showing you throughout this post!

Why do I want to exercise? Well, I feel really yucky. Being told to lie in bed all day for about 10 weeks may sound like a dream but when you're actually there, it feels like a prison. With nothing to do all day, I've just been getting bored. So I watch TV, eat and sleep all day. The result: an all-around feeling of sluggishness and exhaustion. Yes, lying around all day is exhausting!



Exercise is also very beneficial to a pregnant woman and the developing baby. For me, that means my muscles will be strong enough to carry the heavy load of my ever-expanding tummy every day and, when D-Day comes, my heart and lungs can withstand the pushing needed to deliver the baby. It worked the first time around! I was at the labor room at 4:30am and Vito was out (with just 5 mega-pushes!) by 7:42am. Giving birth was such a breeze!

Exercise also helps the fetus. With all the blood circulating through my body, pumped up by my active heart, more nutrients reach my baby. More oxygen reaches the tiny brain. My baby's development is enhanced. So with all the benefits I and my baby can get from exercise, that's all I want to do now!

But my OBG said I should wait till after my 16th week. That would be the first week of December. Meanwhile, as I wait for the all-systems-go signal, check out the workout outfits adidas has for us girls:
I own a pair! It's very hapit-sa-legs! Sexy grabe. So,
since I'm preggy now,hindi na ako kasya! 




Pretty neat! Can't wait for December!

adidas is exclusively available at adidas shops in Alabang Town Center, Eastwood Mall, Greenbelt 3, Power Plant, Trinoma, Robinsons Bacolod and Gaisano Davao, and Rustan's Makati, Shangri-la Plaza.

1 comment:

This is all pretty new to me so please feel free to share your mommy wisdom!