Monday, June 11, 2012

Yummy scents for your home by Daphne Paez and Bench

Hi fellow mommies! Sorry I've been MIBA (missing in blog action). I'm quite devoted to my two young boys. But being a mom of two under two is not easy. Adorable and heartwarming but not easy! So when Daphne Paez invited me to her home scents launch last Friday, I asked Vince if we could drop by. Mommy me needed to take a break from the labandera hair and no-makeup look!
Magulo pa rin ang hair.

I love home fragrances. I have a collection of oils, candles, reed diffusers, linen and room sprays from Body Shop, Alice Blue and many more, come to think of it. So obviously I wanted to check out the Bench x Daphne Paez x Dimensione launch!

Proudly Pinoy lifestyle brand Bench has been dominating the celebrity fragrance market for years but they've never done home fragrances until now. And I think it's so perfect that they got Daphne to do their first home scents line.
Daphne is known to be the country's home expert. I've been to her home, a bahay-na-bato, and it is fabulous. Very tastefully designed, respectful of the history and architecture of the house but no way is it musty and old. Very comfy, too. I love her house!

Anyway, here we are at Dimensione High Street, where Vince and I always shop for our own home. Grabbed this photo from Bench's Twitter account. There's the lovely Daphne (who also happens to be my blogging mentor!), then there's me and Vince and our little Iñigo, who is exactly 4 weeks old here. Daphne's launch was not just my first post-partum event, it was Iñigo's first event ever! Oh, I had to bring the baby because I'm exclusively breastfeeding and he's a hungry greedy rabbit!

You know, this was her event but when Daphne came over to me and Vince, all she talked about was Iñigo and how Vito is coping and how she handled her own kids' sibling selos. She gave us tips and assurances. She's such a mommy! I kinda felt bad after because I didn't even ask about how she was feeling and how exciting this major personal and professional triumph must be... But that's Daphne--she always goes out of her way to make other people feel important!

Raymond Gutierrez hosted.
I had a chance later on to congratulate her, during the media Q&A session. I asked her what kinds of scents bring up fond memories for her. And she replied, "You're going to relate to this. The scent of a newborn. Oh, I'm going to cry! It's the best smell in the world and no one can bottle it." Awww, I know! New babies smell like heaven. In fact, when Daphne was chatting with me and Vince, she was sniffing Iñigo's feet and head!

The launch was gorgeous, by the way. Simple but elegant. It was a tea party so hot tea was served in little white pots with a collection of sweets and savory bites served on delicate porcelain. Everything was white and flowery and feminine and dainty. I love it when food is served prettily!

I also loved how Bench transformed the second floor of Dimensione. It was so bright and airy. Parang I want to rent that floor for a reception! Anyway, the beautiful event was attended by beautiful people:
The effervescent Patty Laurel with her fiance Patrick Filart. I met them
a few weeks ago during the Ethan Allen design challenge.
They are such an adorable couple. Best wishes!
Stylebible.ph's Isha Andaya-Valles and Jae Pickrell
and Preview's Pauline Juan in this season's hot trend florals
Model and mommy-to-be Nicole Hernandez De Los Angeles.
She's expecting a baby boy! Yey for baby boys!
F girls Angel Aquino and Daphne
Congratulations, Daphne! Really so happy for you and can't wait to see what you'll do next!

My favorite: the sweet, warm and creamy scent of homemade lemon tart

Home Scents by Daphne Paez for Bench is available at all Dimensione branches for just P348 a bottle. The scents are Acres of Lavender, Homemade Lemon Tart and Mint Jasmine. 

Daphne with scents photos courtesy of Bench. Guest photos are from Bench's Tweets.

15 comments:

  1. You look great post-partum! Good that you were able to get out na. I'll check out the scents one of these days!
    Now I feel bad missing out on this super fab event... but had to be with the boy for his taekwondo class... (mommy) duty calls.
    Hope there will be a sequel!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been going out naman--to the grocery mostly. =)

      Mommy duties first!

      Delete
  2. Parang di ka nanganak Frances). I can't help but comment :). Just an avid reader of your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can assure you nanganak ako haha. Matakaw lang talaga ang baby ko so I've been burning so many calories producing breastmilk for him!

      Thanks for reading my blog avidly!

      Delete
  3. The launch looks lovely! And your hair isn't as bad as you think. :D Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww. Thanks! I'm tired of my hair kasi =)

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed the photos. You look fabulous for a mom of 2. I'll try these scents.

    Rizza (beingwell)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, do try them. They smell great! Hindi masakit sa ilong/ulo unlike a lot of affordable scents =)

      Delete
  5. Oh, I'm so sad I didn't see you there! I saw Vince, though. I'm the one who won the chair :) Hehe.

    http://wonderwomanrises.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations!!! I read you chose the red =)

      If you saw Vince, you must've seen me. I was the girl beside him. And I was also the first person who asked Daphne a question during the Q&A.

      Delete
  6. Hot Momma! You're looking happy and gorgeous, Frances.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy! As for the gorgeous part, why, thanks, Rone =D

      Delete
  7. You are so blooming, Frances. :) BTW, I think you look like Nicole Hernandez. :) God bless to your family. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww. Thanks! Motherhood becomes me =) Ya, people have told that to me and Nicole. In fact we were introduced years and years ago because everyone kept commenting on how we look alike daw (yey!). Mas lalo na dati nung payat pa ako. Ngayon hindi na kami magkamukha kasi tababoy na me LOL

      Delete
  8. You're blooming!!! You don't look like you just gave birth....

    and can i just add? your baby is ADORABLE, just like his kuya!

    ReplyDelete

This is all pretty new to me so please feel free to share your mommy wisdom!