Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Can so relate to Rachel Zoe

Super love this photo of Rachel Zoe and her son, Skyler. I love their happiness, I love their outfits. I love sons, I love motherhood!

I sometimes catch The Rachel Zoe Project on TV and I was lucky enough--if lucky's the word--to watch that episode where Rachel's marriage to Roger was in jeopardy all because she waffled over having children. He wanted kids, she wasn't sure. I get her. Her career was skyrocketing. Why mess with life by having kids, right?

I also never wanted to have kids. It's not about career; it was more about I didn't think I was a good enough person. Children need love, patience, kindness, compassion, structure, and all those wonderful things. I just didn't think there was enough of that goodness in me.

Then motherhood happened quite unexpectedly and I am soooo happy I've been proven wrong about myself. I'm not so bad after all! I still don't think I'm the most amazing mommy in the world and every day is a struggle to be a loving mom (especially when both boys are screaming their heads off like this morning!), but, hey, I think I'm the lucky one.

Rachel Zoe thinks so, too. She told Entertainment Tonight, "It's the greatest thing in the entire world. Every day, I ask my husband, 'Is it possible to over kiss your child?' I literally think I kiss him 200 times in a day. It's not normal!"

I kiss my boys, too. Vito, who's not even 2, pushes me away all the time. That's how much I kiss him!

It's nice to see how well Rachel juggles motherhood, marriage and career. It's always a big issue for us moms--how do we do it all? Well, with a lot of help, a lot of guts, a lot of love (and hopefully, with a lot of style!). After all, that little baby is so worth it!

Rachel says, "It does change your life. It does turn it inside out and upside down, but in the best way possible. The difference is you don't care because you're altering your life for the best reason in the world."

Our children. The best raison d'etre ever.

*image from Hollywood Reporter

3 comments:

  1. I agree! motherhood is the greatest thing in the entire world. It's was so amazing because despite of our supah hectic schedule still we we're able to juggle our career, family and marriage. Hat's off to all the mommies in the world (including us, of course!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto! I allowed myself to be pregnant only after 3 years of being married. Everyone was telling me have children, but I thought of them as headache. I thought being a mom was so overrated. And then came Raviv :)

    I also love Rachel Zoe. And you, Frances :) Kudos for juggling blogging, being an EIC, and being the mom of two wonderful boys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you wrote down what every working mom thinks and feels... it's a daily struggle, but definitely worth it.

    Kwala

    ReplyDelete

This is all pretty new to me so please feel free to share your mommy wisdom!