Monday, July 2, 2012

Iñigo update


Iñigo is 5 weeks old in this photo. He's 7 weeks now. He's very strong and can lift his head up when doing tummy time. He's very mellow, quiet and serene. He likes cuddles. He likes them a little too much actually and refuses to be put in bed or his basket alone.

Iñigo is also very greedy. He breastfeeds all the time. All. The. Time! It's really okay since he's so heavy and healthy and long, but I'm about to go back to work in a couple of weeks. I'm supposed to be expressing and storing milk in preparation for the time I'll be away from him. But since he nurses every 2 hours, sometimes every hour, I seriously do not know how I'm going to express milk! Read this article, "Myth: Many Women Can't Produce Enough Milk for Their Baby." The baby described there, the one who has full meals and snacks in between? That's Iñigo!

I am in panic mode. I seriously hope Iñigo starts getting satisfied and give me 3-hour breaks so I can pump enough milk for him. With his ravenous appetite, I think the only solution is to bring him to the office with me!  

8 comments:

  1. Adorable! Oh how I miss how newborns smell! And how 'tiny' they are. I think it's great that you can bring your boys with you to work! Iñigo reminds me of when Jacob was that age. I thought he wouldn't stop feeding!

    Squeezing in time just to shower was tricky! Kailangan right after feeding or else all hell will break loose if I'm not there when he cries/wakes up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes. Shower time. The first month I made wisik-wisik lang kaya! =P

      Delete
  2. My son, now 3 months old, can't be bothered to be put down in his crib because he feeds by the hour and "munches" every now and then. I do need to work and the only solution for me is to pump one breast while the baby is feeding on the other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't! The bebe feeds on BOTH breasts! Greedy boy grrr!

      Delete
  3. my baby was like that too!

    wow he's so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Iñigo is so very, very, very adorable Frances. Cuddles! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Marie and Earthgirl =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's sooo cute!!! I want another baby! haha! :)

    ReplyDelete

This is all pretty new to me so please feel free to share your mommy wisdom!