Sunday, August 26, 2012

The blog post that didn't make it

I was looking at my drafts and saw this forgotten post. It was the post I was writing the night my contractions suddenly attacked. I wasn't able to finish writing it because it was time to go go go! 

Let me share it with you...

May 10, 2012
10 PM 
 
I'm 39 weeks pregnant! Came from Dr. Singson's clinic this afternoon and she said I was 2 cms. dilated and could give birth anytime tonight till Sunday! She even felt Wiggle's head. He's coming out! We're sooo excited! 
I don't feel any contractions yet, however. So let's all keep calm now haha. Then again, with Vito, I was already 3-4cms dilated and contracting according to the fetal monitor thingie. The nurses kept asking me if I'm in pain, "Most moms are hyperventilating at 4cm." And I kept telling them, "Nope, I don't feel anything." 
I am suddenly not ready. I still have some house repairs, meetings, magazine editing, errands... So after impatiently telling Wiggle to come out, now I'm like, "Wait!!!" But he will come out when he wants to! 
The only thing making me sad is I'll be separated from my darling Vito when I'm at the hospital. The longest we've been apart is maybe 6 hours and I've never spent a night away from home since he was born. So I'm feeling very melancholy. Still excited, of course, but sad, too. I'm going to miss my little boy!

Oh, that was such a bittersweet weekend. I was deliriously happy that I gave birth to another perfectly adorable boy and yet I was terribly sad that my other perfectly adorable boy wasn't with me.

Because I didn't want Vito to feel like his parents disappeared, I asked Vince to go home every evening while I was at the hospital. So it was just Iñigo and me at night. I would coo at Iñigo one minute then cry for Vito the next!

That for me was the most painful part of this second childbirth. This was physically more painful than my first, which was weird, but emotionally, I was a wreck. I missed my Vito and Vince so much! I'll try really hard to never sleep a night away from my boys from now on!

3 comments:

  1. I have an upcoming business trip next month and I'm so worried if I and my toddler (17mos) can handle it. I've never spent a night away from her since I gave birth to her and we're still breastfeeding so I'm so worried. :(

    PS Like you, I was 3-4cm dilated and did not feel any pain when I was in labor. The nurses were also amazed hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you bring her along? =( My mindset is like that these days. I won't go anywhere without my family!

      Delete
  2. i remember with my youngest, i went to my OB for check up (it was a friday, lunchtime) and i found out i was 4cm dilated already and didn't feel anything! the fun part was, i was the last one pa to leave the office that day! haha! the next day, i gave birth to him around lunchtime. :)

    ReplyDelete

This is all pretty new to me so please feel free to share your mommy wisdom!