Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The lucky ones

I always make sure I'm home to tuck the boys in bed. If that means I won't be able to see friends for dinner or attend a glamorous event, so be it. My sons come first.



One bedtime, Vince and I were in bed with Vito and Iñigo and I told our little ones, "You should be grateful your parents are the ones who send you off to dreamland every night."

Vince said, "I don't know. I think you and I should be the ones grateful we get to tuck them in every night."

Then he smiled ever so gently as he stared at our slumbering boys. "We're the lucky ones." 

Good night, mommies and daddies!

8 comments:

  1. So adorable! Shucks. I want to give Jacob a little brother tuloy. In time! I miss caring for a newborn though tiring, iba yung feeling diba.

    Do they both co-sleep with you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they both do. I have learned to sleep on a little piece of bed! =)

      Delete
  2. Wow very adorable I also do the same with my daughter. But I'm quite paranoid so I make sure to keep the pillows and blanket away from her.. hayyy! It always gives me a smile when I see kids after having my own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I'm always there with them. Usually in bed with them, too. Don't worry. =)

      Delete
  3. Hi frances,

    Thank you for sharing these moments with your boys and husband. As a new mom myself, my heart swells everytime I get to read or hear parenting stories.

    Being a parent is probably the hardest thing I have experienced or done in my entire life. And Vince is right, through the sleepless nights (since I still breastfeed) and long tiresome days we as parents really are the lucky ones.:)

    God Bless you and your 3 boys :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww, you are all lucky to have each other! Cherish the moment :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Candz and Ghie! God bless you and your families, too =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Frances! Is that your bed they're sleeping on? Coz I'm having babies soon too and I'm thinking about crib alternatives. Do they co-sleep with you and your husband? Or do they sleep on their own beds? :)

    ReplyDelete

This is all pretty new to me so please feel free to share your mommy wisdom!