Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Vito's turning 2!

Woah. Just like that and it's August! Two years ago, my life was completely changed by a little boy who wouldn't lie still in my tummy, who kicked and punched away in there and came out screaming. His Papa and I heard the screaming and had the same thought: "Angry little man. That's our kid all right!"

Today, that boy is sweet and gentle with his little brother, Iñigo, but he's exuberantly rough with me and Vince. He likes Pororo, the color red, running around, saying "No, no, no," spaghetti, fried chicken, anything soupy with his rice, anything sweet, and yep, he still likes to scream when he's angry.

But of course, you all know he is obsessed with one and only one thing: cars. Especially Disney Pixar's Cars. He calls Lightning McQueen "Speed" because Lightning starts the movie saying, "Focus. Speed. I am speed."

He's basically memorized the entire movie, down to the end credits. He loves his Cars toy cars and bed sheets and magazines. Naturally, we've decided that his second birthday party will have a Cars theme.

Now, the star of any party--well, aside from the birthday boy, of course!--is the cake. So I found these spectacular cakes to get me all excited for Vito's party.

This cake features the Piston Cup trophy. I think it's great because isn't every birthday an achievement? I love the smooth white fondant and how the Cars cast surround the cake on a clever highway ("Life is a highway!").

Now this cake is adorable, too! And it's cute that the birthday gift is sitting right atop it. Yes, that's a real toy car! Of course, my Vito already has one big and one small Lightning McQueen cars but I'm sure he'll still love another one. That boy's obsession with "Speed" is fascinating. Oh, I'm loving the cupcakes, too!
Alison's Bakery

What I love about this third cake is how the road is the birthday boy's age. It would be so cute if Vito's cake had a big 2--which is his favorite number. I think it would make him so happy to not just see "Speed" but also 2!

Soooo cute! These cakes are going to drive Vito crazy! I wish I knew how to bake but since I don't, I was really glad to find that Goldilocks has a Cars cake.

Well, Race-O-Rama may not be as fabulous as the other cakes but it will do. After all, Vito's just turning 2 so he'll love any cake!

I'm sooo excited! It's just going to be a small party, like his first one. Just a few not-so-tiny guests (all his guests are around 2 years old, too), some pasta and fried chicken, and milk in tetra packs. I haven't decided on the giveaways yet. Must visit Toy Kingdom soon for that. Can't wait to celebrate my Vito!

*all cake images, save for the Goldilocks cake screencap, used with permission from their owners. Kindly visit their websites to see more beautiful cakes

20 comments:

  1. My Y is turning 2 na din! Vito and Yukie are 2 weeks apart I think. How fast noh? Advanced Happy Birthday Vito!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo nga, no! Yes, we're pregnant the same time, both times! May balak ka pa for a third? Kasi ako wala na but baka mabuntis ako pag mabuntis ka hahahaha

      Delete
    2. Wala na akong balak for a third! Two is enough, I got a boy and a girl. Pwede na yun! :) Even if I wanted more kids, mahirap magpalaki! haha

      Delete
  2. happy birthday to your beautiful boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! happy birthday to Vito! and he is so gwapo as he turns a little older...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! He's also getting naughtier and sweeter and funnier =)

      Delete
  4. Thank you for featuring my Cars themed cake and cupcakes! I hope Vito has a fabulous 'Speedtastic' birthday! You can see more of my work on facebook here https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/Alisons.Bakery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for allowing me to use photos of your beautiful cake and cupcake! =)

      Delete
  5. wow! it's nice to celebrate birthdays with a theme. my son is also turning 2 this coming september. at ang naicip q nmn n theme ay game shows because he loves watching them esp the game pinoy henyo. :)

    continue writing for practical tips ms. frances! you keep mommies like me inspired!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oy, parang masaya yung party na yan! Pero parang magastos kasi syempre dapat maraming prizes!!! =D

      Delete
  6. Wow Vito's car has been pimped up na with an iPad! Haha :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He killed that iPad =( Now we'll have to buy a new one. But wala pang budget!

      Delete
  7. Vito's so adorable in that first photo! Gusto ko syang i-hug... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Advance happy birthday to your cutie patootie! Can't imagine how time flies, enjoy party planning Frances! Party preps is one of the most exciting thing to do as a Mom, especially when you get compliments from your guests. So, go go Frances! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vito gwapito!!! And is that golden brown hair you have? So cute! Happy birthday my fellow Leo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Advance Happpy Birthday Vito gwapito! :) You and Lyndel are so big already! :) I just wish our boys could have play dates together :) Lyndel doesn't have that much toddler friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just remembered, Lyndel's theme on his 1st birthday was Cars. Vito wasn't able to go kasi natulog sha right after his immunization and he woke up gabi na :p

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi..just want to ask how much is the cake the race- o-rama? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can check sa website ng Goldilocks. Hindi siya masarap haha but malaki so impressive!

      Delete

This is all pretty new to me so please feel free to share your mommy wisdom!