Friday, September 14, 2012

Vito is Papa's boy

I wrote about how Vito just adores his Papa. Click the link. You'll see that even at 10 months old, Vito absolutely idolizes his father. This comes as a surprise to us because all the studies and research and etc etc say that for the first two years of a kid's life, he's attached to his mother. Well, Vito prefers his father!

So those photos were proof that Vito showed his parental preference before a year old. Lo and behold, I found another photo that showed my firstborn loving his Papa even at almost 5 months old!

Back off, Mama!

Don't worry. This doesn't make me sad or jealous at all. The first few times, I felt a bit weird that my son would rather be with his father. But I quickly got over that when I realized that meant I can brush my teeth/take a bath/nap/read/go out!

Iñigo (3 months old here) goes with me everywhere! 
Now let's see if Iñigo's the same as his brother. He's already 4 months old and he still likes me best. I am thrilled with that, of course. At the same time, I wish he'll want to spend more time with Vince, too!

How about you? Do your kids have parental preferences?

10 comments:

  1. My son is exactly the same! K's face literally lights up when his dad comes home from work (complete with a big hug, kiss and "Hi, Daddy!", while he just gives me a quick sidelong glance and goes about his business. My husband can't even eat when we're out because he drags his daddy around the mall! By the time they come back, we're all done eating!

    My husband is hoping our little girl prefers momma naman so he can rest :) Can you imagine both of them vying for his undivided attention at the same time?! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter also prefers her daddy than me. Minsan OP na nga ako but like you I don't get jealous also. In fact I'm glad they're getting along and besides daughters are meant to be daddy's girl, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so cute! I love the little boy-daddy relationship. There's such adoration in their little eyes. Like they can't wait to grow up to be just like their daddies! Since Zo's an only child - lit and I have had very unique relationships with him. Our bond is different. But Zo and Lit are like buddies. So cool. Makes me wish I had another little one all to myself! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, I'm kinda hoping Iñigo will be my boy, too. But if both sons are daddy's boys, I don't mind either. I can go out with my friends and do girly stuff! =D

      Delete
  4. Oh Jacob is a Mama's Boy! At least, I think he is to this day ah. When he gets hurt, he runs to me for comfort (Oh, gosh maybe I coddle him? Lol!) and he'd preferrably kiss and love-love (hugs) me more than his Dad or anyone else. I'm not sure maybe it's because he's breastfeeding and he's found comfort with me more because no one else can offer that milky goodness but I'm glad he's very close to me! Buti yan, so his Dad and Uncles won't influence him too much agad. Haha! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it's the milk—I exclusively breastfed Vito, too! =D

      Delete
  5. Actually all my girls, prefers me more than their tatay, as the girls fondly call their father. Hahaha! But I always tell them to spent time as well with their father. My youngest though loves playing and making kulitan mode with her tatay. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daughter prefers me naman. I was expecting she'll be a Daddy's girl but I guess she loves Mommy('s milk) more ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it's the milk—I exclusively breastfed Vito, too! =D

      Delete
  7. My son, Cyler is daddy's boy too! His dad can make him laugh effortlessly,and his face never fails to ligthen up every time he see his father. Just like you, I don't get jealous at all. Kasi when they play, I can do my own thing, check kikay stuff, surf the net, blog hopping, blogging, etc.

    ReplyDelete

This is all pretty new to me so please feel free to share your mommy wisdom!