Tuesday, September 25, 2012

What I usually look like (yes, an outfit post!)

Over at Topaz Horizon, I've started Fashion Fridays because readers have requested I do outfit posts. So I obliged. As a mommy, I'm usually in something comfortable so that I can move, I can easily breastfeed my baby. But as a woman, I don't want to look too comfortable, if you catch my drift. So I try to look good but it is hard. So very hard! But I think my efforts pay off quite well, as seen here:

What my Topaz Horizon readers don't see is how I end up looking after a long day. And—here's the scoop!—my Topaz Mommy readers get to see the truth! I have my outfits shot before I leave the house (therefore the background will always be that hallway haha) but by the time I get back home, I end up looking like this:

What a mess! But a happy mess. Maybe a slightly fashionable happy mess, too.

Gosh, what a cute little boy! I'm so in love with him!


Outfit details: (On me) And Apparel maxi dress, Charles & Keith leather sandals, Longchamp clutch. (On Vito) shirt from the editor-in-chief of OK! Thailand, plaid shorts from Ninang Lizelle, Sun Salt Water sandals from Auntie Anj

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. My hair! My dress which is falling off my chest! LOL

      Delete
  2. How tall are you? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe the question should be: How SHORT are you? LOL

      I'm only 5'3". I'm the shortest in my family. My mother made me start wearing high heels at 13 years old because she was appalled at how tiny I am. Haha

      Delete
    2. You always look so beautiful, svelte and chic even in your 'just at home' pics. So inspiring for us moms to be the same. :)

      If you don't mind, what brand/model of brassiere were you wearing with the outfit above? If it's not TMI. After giving birth all my undies look so weird bec my body looks weird already and I need good support that will make me look good in strapless clothes. :)

      Delete
    3. My bras are Triumph and Avon (nursing bras). My girdles are from Triumph, Maidenform and Avon =) I'm buying Spanx soon!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful, happy mess.... You're really beautiful.... You inspire me to really be a "good dresser", inspire me to really look good even if I am a mother... I hope this comment will not be a pressure to you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No pressure at all from you. I hope you don't take this the wrong way but what people think of me doesn't matter to me. It's what my husband thinks! He likes it when I dress up =)

      Delete
  4. It's also important to me to look good especially when I go out with my boys, usually kasi when you become a mother they always say "muka na syang nanay" , you know what I mean. Kaya one of my priority pa rin as a mom is to take good care of myself not only for me but for my family also. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knooooow. I hate that! I dread the day someone tells me that! LOL

      Delete
  5. Nakakainis you're so skinny and fashionable! If only I had your body I'd wear sexy Momma outfits too but nooooooo! Hahahaha! SOON! Soon daw. HAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete

This is all pretty new to me so please feel free to share your mommy wisdom!