Saturday, October 6, 2012

Pulling the soul. Falling into place.

Ohhhhh my. I haven't been updating as much here as I've been doing so over at Topaz Horizon. My life's been pretty hectic lately. Oh, if I could only tell you!!! I will, I will. One day soon!

For now, I am in love with my life. What I can tell you is my life is so incredibly exciting right now. And I'm not talking about parties and glamorous stuff and all that fluff. I'm talking about LIFE! You know, the real stuff. The stuff that matters. Marriage. Children. Friends. Faith. Love.

My soul is being pulled by love for my family and by writing. The two passions of my life. My purpose for living! And finally finally, my life is coming together. It's taken almost 36 years but now things are clicking into place so fast, it's so terrifying and thrilling!

I opened myself up to God early this year. I told Him, "I want to do something that will mean something to my husband and my children. I want to use the talent You gave me but I also want to be with the family You've blessed me with. I want to be where I can glorify You. I want You to use me to be a blessing to my family and to others using the talent You gave me."

Be careful when praying a prayer like that. Because when you give up control to God, He'll take you on a crazy ride! Anyway, until I can actually talk about these amazing things, let me just give you an update!

Because of my dear neighbors, I've been hosting a Bible study group at my home since July. We're tackling the book, The Power of a Praying Wife, and this has changed our lives and our marriages. We feel that God is really moving in each of our lives! It's almost frightening! So much has been improved, changed, uplifted, removed, empowered, enriched... and it's only been two and a half months since we started dedicating our lives and marriages to God. This is beyond incredible.

Vito is growing up so fast. He's supposed to be in his Terrible Two's stage but for us, honestly, it's been the Terrific Two's! He's just this wonderful little boy who never ceases to amuse and amaze us. He's such a good big brother. He's only 2 but he helps care for Iñigo. He entertains him, talks to him, tries to carry him haha. He's really such a great little person. I feel so blessed he's ours.

As for Iñigo, oh, he's just this beautiful baby boy, always so happy and calm. He rarely cries. He's always laughing and smiling. He's such a gentle soul. He was baptized last Sunday. We had an amazing time with our families and friends. I'll write about that this weekend.

There. That's my life. It's so full, my heart can't contain it!


14 comments:

  1. That's my dream, too: to host my own Bible study group. I'm glad to hear your life's falling into place already. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been offering my home for Bible study since 2008 pa! Maraming plans pero walang nangyari. Finally, it was used this year and I know na why. We had to wait for the perfect reason (sanctification of our marriage and children) and the right people (wives and mommies)! Ask mo yan kay God. How can He refuse? Then just wait =)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your new endeavors! :) Can't wait to read all about it.

    Na-intriga ako dun sa Power of a Praying Wife ha. I think I need to read that! I wish may bible study with such beautiful mamas near my place din.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get the book. Grabe, talagang lahat ng aspects of your marriage covered!

      Delete
  3. Sooooooo happy for you and your boys! :) Thank you for sharing your prayer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Be careful when praying it!!! =)

      Delete
  4. reading this made me teary eyed,.. i've been actively involved in church since late highschool, and now that im a first time mom church has been a luxury. it's hard with a toddler and a hubby who has shifting scheds and sunday work, so i really miss church. good thing vcf has podcasts, but it's not enough for me. anyway, i know God will help me work things out too, and i might just start by getting that book. thanks for sharing Ms. Frances!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been attending church, too. I have so many excuses! So God sent the church to me!

      Delete
  5. I was very active then in our mother church at Antipolo when I was still single, I love attending prayer meeting, bible studies, and youth ministries back then. It's just so sad because I can't find a church here in Manila where I can bring my family, I am Born Again Christian kasi. Hubby is catholic so we used to go in a Chapel near our place every Sunday but I miss sharing God's word with my fellow Christians, it's different and nothing beat that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. Catholic din si Vince. But you know, Catholics din yung ibang wives sa prayer group namin. We decided we'd pray and learn together anyway =)

      Delete
  6. Oh those cheeks! I wish I was more involved in Church like you Frances. Partly to blame is our far, far away home so having small groups tend to be a problem with our schedule when we are in the city area. I really pray that we get to find our own Church group so we can learn more off of other Christians like you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not involved in church! I used to be—youth leader, church newsletter, etc—but I lost my way. Then my neighbor started bugging me about it. She "bullied" me into studying the Bible again! She said, "God pressed you into my heart. You can't say no to this!" So here I am! =)

      Delete
  7. Hi Frances! You know, I bought that book because I saw it in your Shelfari before (in your Topaz Horizon blog). And it really works! Praying for our dear husbands (and ourselves) works! :) I even gave it as a gift to a friend who was having problems with her marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not an active church member, but I do believe I have this "emergent" sense of my relationship with God. I was in ministry for 20 years — Bible study, worship, newsletter (ironic how we have so much in common?!), but then had a turn in the road, so to speak. I love God, and our prayer lives since moving on to this new phase of our lives has strengthened that love. Having prayer partners is really key, and can help you transition into those big changes, even help you discern if they're the changes you should make!

    I remembered our kwento in La Creperie. I'm happy for you, Frances!

    ReplyDelete

This is all pretty new to me so please feel free to share your mommy wisdom!