Friday, March 29, 2013

Why mom bloggers are liking Ferretti shoes

I normally don't attend events anymore, unless I can't resist the one who invited me. Either the brand or the person from the PR/brand. In this case, I couldn't say no to Liz Lanuzo of the beauty blog Project Vanity. She's one of the few bloggers I admire so when she said one of her clients, Ferretti, a local shoe brand, is inviting a few mom bloggers to check out their shoes, I showed up.
We all gathered first at Vanilla Cupcake Bakery at Glorietta 1. It was my first time there, but I've heard practically all of Manila gushing about the place like it's the most beautiful thing on this good earth. Well, it is a very pretty place. Not exactly my cup of tea but it was cozy and cute, a place little girls would love. I loved the dainty pots and tea cups. I even told Karrots of Live, Love, LOLz that I wish Vanilla Cupcake sold the pots and cups the way TWG does. Oh, in case you didn't know, Vince and I collect tea pots!  

Anyway! I'm rambling. Let's go back to Ferretti.

This is Cecille. She likes to call herself the daughter of the owners. She then regaled us with her parents' love story. Her mother's family owned the factory, her father was one of the workers. Theirs was a love story fit for telenovelas. All the mommies were thrilled to bits and asked for more details. But we were there to talk about shoes!

Ferretti is a Proudly Pinoy brand. The shoes are all designed by Cecille's mom. Then her dad is in charge of making them come to life. Sooo romantic! She dreams them up, he makes them come true! All the shoes are handmade in Marikina. Yes, handmade. You can even ask them to customize a pair for you, in case you wanted a design in a different material or other color or your left foot is bigger than your right. Even though the shoes are handmade, they're very affordable. They start at around P600! The mommies were happy again!

Here are some of the shoes I liked:
Yeah, all summery and flat and comfy. Yes, comfy! I was very surprised at how good they felt on my feet. We all remarked at how light the shoes are, too. You know how some shoes are so heavy, you stomp? Or you feel like your calf muscles are getting a workout? Ferretti shoes are light! They feel like air! All the moms were so happy!

There were other designs, by the way. The other moms were freaking out over the high heels and wedges and platforms but those styles belonged to my former life; my life now is all about chasing a toddler and carrying an almost-year-old baby! So I ended up choosing between these two:
I picked the sandals. I love them! They're just P795! They are so comfortable and they match many of my outfits—whether it's a dress, a top and shorts or jeans. I want to go back and get the black pair, too! Actually, I want more more more!

The nearest Ferretti shop to me is the Glorietta branch. But you can find Ferretti in Sta. Lucia East Grand Mall, Robinsons Place Bacolod, Robinsons Place CDO, Gaisano Davao and Gaisano Gensan. Visit their website for a complete list of styles and branches.


17 comments:

  1. Miss Frances, let me guess: the shoes were a giveaway? Diba dapat pinili mo yung mas mahal nilang shoes? Para sulit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they were a gift. So I received graciously. Ikaw na nga bibigyan, ikaw pa magiging demanding! So pag ganyan, always say "Thank you" and enough na yun, diba?

      Delete
    2. Tama si Ms. Frances! Kaya ang dami niyang blessing kasi hindi siya demanding. Inspiration talaga!

      Delete
    3. Salamat, salamat. Actually, yung mga friends ko from PR (and I used to be a PR girl 12 years ago) lagi nagrereklamo sa ganyang attitude. As a former press person also, I go to events and presscons that are news-worthy. Kesyo may gift o wala. You go because of the news, not the gift! Besides, kahit La Mer pa yang ibigay sa inyo, hindi mo madadala ang La Mer sa grocery at ipambili ng gatas, diba?

      Delete
    4. Wait, wait. I have to be honest. Kapag makeup, I go for the gift kasi masaya ang makeup hehe.

      Delete
  2. i like the sandals!! sana they have pa. I used to live in high heels when i was still single.pero now as a mom,its always ballet flats and sandals.minsan wedge heels.but very rare!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, before I became a mom, I promised myself I'd be like Victoria Beckham and live in my heels FOREVER! Now, I'm happier in my flats =)

      Delete
    2. Me, too! Feeling ko kaya ko. But no, I'm even happier in my slippers. Lol :D

      Delete
    3. ms frances,this is totally off topic, but i miss the fashion friday posts!!! it was giving me hope that moms can dress decently while running after the kids. im always in shorts and tshirts now and i used to be super kikay. now even make up minsan i cant do na.hahaha:)

      Delete
    4. Wala na akong clothes kasi!!! =)

      Delete
  3. Ferreti brand has been here for a long time, and am glad they're still at it. :) I have a couple of sandals from them, and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the blue flats - is that cobalt blue? Really pretty =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'm still thinking about them!

      Delete
  5. Hi i saw the very same sandals but they were not priced at 795. It was in the p1000 range and that was just early april. Did they increase the price? I know its their prerogative, but that quickly and by that much? I really want to know why because ive longed patronized the brand. And i really want those sandals..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm sure they increased the price if it's P1000+na now. You can ask on their Facebook page, I guess, since I really don't know! It's super worth it naman. P1000+ lang naman pala. Buy na!

      Delete
  6. Ferretti is an affordable brand naman. If you want to save more but still get quality Ferretti products, they have deals naman like this: http://bit.ly/16DX4d5. Check it out and get to score Ferretti products like those above! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These shoes fit beautifully - I wear an 8.5, and have wide feet, so I was a little nervous, but they're incredibly comfortable and easy to walk in.

    ReplyDelete

This is all pretty new to me so please feel free to share your mommy wisdom!