Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Selfish (happy!) mama

The kids had a looooong afternoon nap. They woke up at 6pm and every mommy knows that's a bad idea. They woke up just after their Papa left for work, work being watching the premiere of Star Trek: Into Darkness. Vince is Movie Nerd, the movie columnist for Kristn.com, in case I haven't told you that.

By the time 9pm rolled along, the mommy in me knew it was time to get the baby boys into bed. Sleepy or not, they have to stick to the schedule. But I took out the iPad for Vito and switched on Baby TV for Iñigo.



We had the most fabulous time playing video games, singing and clapping and dancing to Baby TV, and eating in bed.



But by 10pm, Iñigo yawned. It was time to sleep.
My boys in the softest Indian and cowboy shirts from Gingersnaps. 

Good night, sweet world!

8 comments:

  1. Super cute boys! So glad to have met you and your little man at the Ford Philippines event, Frances! I was the fangirl who asked for a photo op with you. Haha! And I was the noisy "sushi-maker" who said "pwera usog". Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Hindi ka naman nagpakilala nang maayos! Had I known it was you, I'd have given you a big hug! =)

      Delete
    2. Haha! Sorry, starstruck. *dyahe* You know what, you're one of the many reasons why I love my marriage (and my husband, of course! lol) so much. I will email you about it. :)

      Delete
  2. Waaa. I can relate. Minsan 12midnight na, gising pa yung toddler ko. E may work pa kinabukasan. Pero kaawa naman kung hindi mo papansinin kasi tatawagin ka ng "Mommy Mommy". hehe. Cute boys. So happy because mommy is always with them. Good job talaga Frances!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sigh! I know what you mean about being tired and wanting to rest because there's work the next day but since you've been gone all day, you also want to be with your baby especially since baby also wants to be with you! If only mommies can spend the first 2 years (at least!) of their baby's life together!

      Delete
  3. Hihihi, our boys have the same shirts <3 I love little boys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehehe, na-intriga ako sa title ng post mo, ms. frances. naisip ko kaagad "bakit kaya selfish" hehehe yun pala.. bakit kaya ganun tayong mga nanay ano... pag gising pa at marami pa tayong gagawin o kaya naman kailangan na magpahinga, sasabihin matulog na sila...pero pag tulog naman, atat tayo na gumising sila kasi gusto natin silang kulitin, hehehe

    ReplyDelete

This is all pretty new to me so please feel free to share your mommy wisdom!