Monday, July 15, 2013

Merienda time is Del Monte spaghetti time!

This post is brought to you by Del Monte Spaghetti.

At Iñigo's birthday party a few weeks ago, I said I used Del Monte Spaghetti Merienda Packs to feed his little guests. Maybe that's why Del Monte is now a Topaz Mommy brand partner. Hooray!

I was actually planning to blog about the merienda packs right after Iñigo's birthday but... I forgot! But I did take photos while I was cooking. So all of these photos are from May haha.

The Del Monte Merienda Pack is a customized set of one packet of spaghetti and one packet of spaghetti sauce. There's just enough in each pack to feed four people. Or two very hungry people. Or one famished individual!

So since each pack is about P40, that's P10 each serving! Super sulit because even if mukhang maliit yung pack, it's really a lot when it's cooked na.

The Sweet Style is P40.
The Filipino Style is P37.50. I wonder why the Pinoy variant is cheaper!
The packet is a little bigger than your hand but when cooked, it's a lot!
Lots of sauce! Make sure to add your kids' fave extras: hot dogs, corned beef, luncheon meat!

And here is my little birthday boy! He's 14 months now and he already looks much different. He loves spaghetti! Here's his spaghetti face:

What's your kid's spaghetti face? I'm going to do a fun giveaway soon, mommies! Tapusin ko muna yung Taal Vista giveaway ko!

12 comments:

  1. Oi! May merienda pack na!! excited to get for my kids.. yang pang regular days lang..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Usually kasi ang spaghetti associated with parties and special events. Pwede na siyang pang-araw-araw! =D

      Delete
  2. I also buy that merienda pack when we need a quick home-cooked spaghetti fix. Just add corned beef or tuna and mushroom --- pwede ng pangtapat sa Jollibee. Hehe. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tama! Tuna and mushrooms! Graet idea. Will try that =) Thanks!

      Delete
    2. You can also grate carrots para "healthy". Naka-hide siya sa sauce so hindi obvious na carrots. :)

      Delete
  3. Frances, i love the pearl studs! Are those the berdori ones? What shade is it and what size? Lovely! You make it look even better!
    -J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they're Berdori! I don't know what shade and size! Basta kept trying on studs and settled for the ones that looked best with my skin and ears. Malaki kasi ears ko so dapat medyo malaki din ang studs. But if masyado malaki, mabigat and mukhang matrona hahaha

      Delete
  4. I always overcook whenever I make spaghetti at home! Minsan hindi pa balanced, sobrang daming pasta, konti sauce, or sobrang daming sauce, kulang sa pasta. This one would be better for me! Do you mix in 1 kg of ground beef or half lang? I'm so bad at making tancha kaya I prefer following recipes. ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Roxi, naniniwala ako sa iyo. Yung sauce is 250g lang so isang kilong baka is mega dami masyado! Kung gusto mo meaty, 1/4 kilo lang. Or mag-slice ka ng hotdogs, mga 1 cup. Ok na yan =)

      Delete
  5. I really love your baby boy's eyes, Frances!!! :) Sooo cute! Sorry, I can't help it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them, too! They're mega lethal when filled with tears pa!!!

      Delete
  6. ask ko lang po, may halo ba na pork ang del monte spaghetti sauce sweet style?

    ReplyDelete

This is all pretty new to me so please feel free to share your mommy wisdom!