Thursday, October 31, 2013

What our kids really think about us

Today I was talking to a mom who believed she wasn't doing anything right.

I said, "Relax, mommy. Seriously, all that matters is they're clothed, fed and safe. You can put them in nice clothes or simple ones, you can feed them organic or canned food, you can watch over them yourself or hire trustworthy help. Whatever you do, as long as you do it in love, you're doing what's right for your kids."

She said, "I can't do that. I can't relax. How can you do that?"

"Because I don't have a lot of time with them," I replied. "Every day, they take one step farther away from me. I'm going to enjoy this while it lasts!"

A New Perspective For Moms from Elevation Church on Vimeo.

We need to love motherhood, mommies. We have to stop the guilt. Our kids love us just the way we are! 

P.S.
Here's what Vito thinks of me:

Vito: Mama, you're hot!

Me: (blushing) What? Aww, thanks! Who taught you that?

Vito: Papa! (Then he touches my arm, rubs my skin.) Hmm. Oh no, you're not hot. You're cold!

There went my ego! Kids, you gotta love them!

* * * * * * *
P.S.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Like me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Instagram

Love me on Bloglovin'

4 comments:

  1. Haha! Vito is so cute! :))

    "Today I was talking to a mom who believed she wasn't doing anything right."
    -I feel the same way. :( But I am doing my best to make him feel that I love him so much even if there are times that I scold him because he's not listening to me. So far he tells me that he loves me too. So maybe I am doing something right! hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids are really cute.. and yes. minsan nakaka guilt talaga if they think that they do not care for them,like my daughter, when I am busy working,She is telling me na I am always working ( ang sakit sa heart) but at the end of the day, she hugs and kiss me still a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww I love this! Made me cry a little. Haha. Thank you for sharing! Yes, we have to stop the guilt. Couldn't agree more. ❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. I felt like I was the one who asked you that. I spent almost half of my day reading about tips on how to refrain from yelling, how to raise kids who are confident, teaching kids about self control and the like.

    nakaka-guilty kasi my kids are just 7 and 3 yrs old pero parang natotorture na sila sa ingay ko sa bahay. minsan, pakiramdam ko 'bad mama' na ako. siguro di lang ako magaling mag-handle ng stress at maikli pa ang pasensya ko...buti na lang malambing pa rin sila sa akin pero kailangan ko pa rin magbago baka kasi masanay ako sa ganitong paraan ng pagpapalaki sa kanila, instead na discipline eh, fear and resentment madevelop sa kanila. :(



    ReplyDelete

This is all pretty new to me so please feel free to share your mommy wisdom!