Sunday, January 5, 2014

The Chinese calendar says my third baby will be a...

BOY!

I was just about to celebrate my 37th birthday on November when I found out I was pregnant so that makes the month of conception October. According to the Chinese calendar, that means I'm having a boy again.

I don't really believe these things but it's been correct so far. Plus, my OBG took one look at my face, noted all the pimples sprouting and said, "Looks like a boy again. Your pimples say there's lots of testosterone in your system."

If Baby Chicken is another boy, wow oh wow, I got my wish! But I know Vince wants a girl this time (although he'd totally love another son, too!) so I'd be happy with a girl. Although I seriously wouldn't know what to do with a daughter. I never got along well with girls till I hit my 30s really. I once told Vince, "I'm so glad I'm a girl. Imagine if I were a boy and had to marry a girl. Why would anyone want to do that?!"

Well, if I have a girl then, it's great I had her in my late 30s because we'd have a better chance at this girly relationship thing. Still, since she's my child, I'd love her as fiercely as I do her brothers. Plus, I'll raise her no different from how I raise my sons. I hope she grows up to be just like me—no nonsense, no drama, no frivolity, no arte, no crazy shopping. But if she does turn out to be dainty or feminine or inane or a damsel in distress or boy-crazy, I'd love her anyway!

Still, I'm hoping for a boy. Let's see if the Chinese calandar is still accurate with this prediction!

UPDATE: As a reader pointed out, I made a mistake. I was 36 when I conceived, which means I was supposed to have a girl according to the Chinese calendar. But I'm having a boy! So this Chinese calendar system is not accurate. But then we always knew that, right? =)

* * * * * * *
P.S.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Like me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Instagram
Love me on Bloglovin'

19 comments:

  1. If this calendar is real, then we're both having boys! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Frances! I believed the Chinese calendar for the longest time and it was said that it's 99% accurate : it was accurate for my son, my colleagues' friends, friends of friends and so on! We even verified for our moms and aunts. For my second child, it said that I'll have a baby boy (which was OK for me 'coz lil boys are just the sweetest to their moms) and like you, I appreciate girls just lately since I always thinks that girls are complicated. I also liked the idea of being the only "queen of the house". ;) But then, I just gave birth a month ago and I have a girl!!! Talking about that 1%! Hubby was very happy and me as well. My daughter brings a different kind of joy and it's just awesome. :)
    -Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Frances! I'm so happy for you! God bless you and your family! :) - Camille

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Frances, hmmm... If I understand correctly, you will be having a girl. Hahaha... Not sure. Since your birthday was on November then your conception was on the October that would mean you were still 36 by then. So based on the calendar, its a girl. Hahaha...

    I'm hoping for a girl too... My birthday was in October then later that month was my conception so it states there that its a girl. Cross fingers!!!

    Would that mean that our kids would only be days apart? Hahaha...

    This year would definitely be full of blessings!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh shoot! How stupid am I??? You're absolutely correct! Yikes. It's a girl then hehe

      Congratulations!!!

      Delete
    2. Hehehe.. Let's see by July then... Congratulations to all pregnant women!!! <3

      Delete
  5. I was 24 when my son was conceived on October, and I was 27 when my daughter was conceived on February. Tama yun Calendar!

    Congratulations on your 3rd bundle of joy. A girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha love this Frances! --> "I'm so glad I'm a girl. Imagine if I were a boy and had to marry a girl. Why would anyone want to do that?!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. hallo I will be turning 38 in august if I conceive now will I be 37 or 38 sounds silly but I don't want to make a mistake because I want a baby boy I have two girls already

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't understand the question actually. If you conceive now, you're 37. If you conceive after your birthday, you'll be 38. Unless the Chinese calendar is really complicated and if it is, I don't know the answer because I'm not Chinese =)

      Delete
    2. Dear France
      Am sorry for a confused question. I was asking according to the calendar am supposed to check on my age then know the day I can get a boy or a girl, I will be turning 38 in august so will I use the 37yrs chat or the 38yrs coz in august its when I will be 38. I know am still 37yrs till august 29th on 30th August is when I will turn 38yrs

      Delete
    3. It's really easy! If you conceive on March and July, boy daw baby mo. After August, when you're 38, you should get preggers on November this year and Jan, Feb, May and August next year if you want a boy.

      But this calendar isn't science. You get what you get! You love what you get!

      Delete
    4. Thank you very much now I understand fully I know when to do it. thnx again

      Delete
  8. ls can some calculate for me c.os they say chinese age is different.birthdate is 13/01/1986. Conception month january,thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry! I'm not Chinese so I don't know how to calculate this for you.

      Delete
    2. go to Chinese chart you will be able to calculate

      Delete
  9. I have 6 girls. My husband wants a son. I calculated that I was 29 and conceived in February. The Chinese calendar says a boy..... I felt like it was a boy too. No morning sickness and always tired. I went to my ultrasound in June and sure enough we are expecting a baby boy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a girl 6 month and I think I am pregnante again please calcultate someone if it a boy or a girl I have born on 13 february 1991 and I conceived in 23 July 2014 please help mee

    ReplyDelete
  11. if you were 36 when you conceived, you have to change it to the lunar age which would be 37 because you add 1 more year so the Chinese Calendar was right, a BOY.

    ReplyDelete

This is all pretty new to me so please feel free to share your mommy wisdom!