Friday, February 7, 2014

Sangobion donates to Yolanda victims

This post is brought to you by Sangobion.

Being pregnant again, my iron needs have nearly doubled (preggy women need 27mg a day while non-pregnant women need just 18mg) so you can bet that I'm relying on Sangobion more than ever these days. 

Unlike other iron supplements, Sangobion contains Ferrous Gluconate. It's organic iron! The body has an easier time absorbing it (no constipation!). Not only does each chocolate-scented capsule contain organic iron, it's also packed with vitamins and minerals like Vitamin C, Folic acid, Vitamin B12, Copper Sulfate, and Manganese Sulfate. A Sangobion organic iron capsule a day helps us women have healthy blood, which translates to pinker cheeks and redder lips, the ability to focus more, and be at our best! 

I'm really happy that aside from the iron supplement I've trusted since 2009, Sangobion has also been my blog sponsor last year, and now it also helped the victims of Super Typhoon Haiyan/Yolanda with generous donations. Here is my family when Sangobion donated to the Red Cross just before Christmas.     

All of us Filipinos know about the devastation Yolanda caused last November throughout the Central Visayas region. Here is what one of the hardest hit areas, Tacloban City, looks like today: 

Our fellow Pinoys are still struggling! Actually, I read somewhere that it's always rebuilding that is hardest for the survivors. That's also the part that the rest of the world forgets about. So we can't stop helping, mommies! Here's what Sangobion, my fellow brand believers, and the media did to help: We attended a fund-raising event just before Christmas where Sangobion pledged to donate cash for each guest who attended. So the more, the merrier!   
The event was at Shangri-la Makati, where we were entertained by comedienne Giselle Sanchez.
Me and Vito enjoying the show.
Iñigo entertained by his brother (in the striped shirt!).
Oh,  I was part of Giselle's skit! I found out just a few hours before the performance so I was really nervous!
The highlight of the event wasn't Giselle and me, though (haha talagang sinali ko sarili ko!). The real cause for celebration is the special donation to the Philippine Red Cross. Ramonito T. Tampos, president and managing director of Merck, Inc., donated Php 200,000. This was the total amount pledged in behalf of everyone who attended the event (it was like Php 5,000 per guest) so we're so glad that people attended the Christmas party! In total, Merck, Inc., the manufacturer of Sangobion, has donated over P2M worth of cash donations, medicines and various relief goods to the humanitarian agency.

Hooray for generous Sangobion and Merck!
Sangobion brand believers: (from left) me, Jenni Epperson, Tin Dychiao, Giselle Sanchez,
Cheska Garcia Kramer, Jackie Go and Rowena Wendy Lei. 

To wrap up the occasion, Sangobion raffled off special gifts (gadgets galore!), and each guest received gift bags of Sangobion goodies. The year 2013 was a successful one for Sangobion and I'm grateful I was chosen as one of its brand believers. Thanks so much for believing in me, too, Sangobion! 

For more information about the benefits of organic iron, visit www.sangobion.ph.

* * * * * * *
P.S.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Like me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Instagram
Love me on Bloglovin'

2 comments:

  1. Frances your stroller caught my eye as im in the market for a new one but dont know which one to buy... is that a Maclaren Triumph? Both your boys seem comfortable with it I know your busy but id appreciate it if you can share details about this stroller thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love it! It's a Silver Cross stroller, available at Mothercare. It's so simple to use. It's super strong and sturdy (we use it sometimes for carting the grocery bags from car to house!). We super duper love it!!!

      Delete

This is all pretty new to me so please feel free to share your mommy wisdom!