Saturday, April 12, 2014

Family fun at Pico Sands!

Summer is definitely here! So a few weeks ago, my family drove all the way to Hamilo Coast in Batangas where the residential and resort community of Pico de Loro Cove is.

Here's what it looks like from afar. The buildings are all residential condos save for the white one on the lower left side of the photo (that's the Pico Sands Hotel) and the country club (it's the set of buildings surrounding the pools).

Since we were guests of the property, we were lodged at the Pico Sands Hotel. This is a photo of the hotel facade. It's a small and airy place, quite cozy and nice.
Okay, I should just rename the title of this blog post to "Señorito Iñigo tours Pico de Loro Cove" because all the photos here are of that little guy!

Anyway, here's our room. This is the premier room and it's big! Lots of space for a family! Each room also has a balcony. Yep, every room gets to appreciate the fresh sea breeze or mountain air! The bathroom's nice and big and modern, too. Yes, it passed the test hehe. My husband and I are hotel bathroom snobs but we liked the bathroom of Pico Sands. We weren't amazed naman. We just like that it was clean and efficient.

Vince and Vito, tired from the long drive, chose to chill out in our big room with the big TV, so it was Iñigo and I who explored the country club next door.
This is us walking to the country club. So much green space! The little one ran about, which was a nightmare for his pregnant mama haha who couldn't waddle fast enough after him.

There are a lot of small pools. I don't know why they were designed that way. This isn't the kiddie pool area, by the way. We enjoyed that the next morning (sorry, no pics—they're in my phone!). The kiddie pool was nice and shallow and it also has a tall water slide. I also like that there were lifeguards everywhere.

Iñigo now explores the lagoon paths. This is a nice area for strolling and jogging. A little heart-attack inducing for moms with little kids who run very fast, too, because the side of the path just drops into the lagoon, so if you're going there with your kids, be careful.

As you can see, I made Iñigo walk far away from the water! 

The paths are right outside the residential buildings. When evening set, there was a lot of old people slowly jogging around, lots of couples out for a walk, and kids with their yayas playing in the grass.

Here's what the residences look like from the mountain side. Obviously, the coveted units are on the lagoon side, but I don't mind waking up to mountains and trees, so if you plan to get a condo unit at Pico de Loro, I'm telling you that the side of a mountain isn't so bad to look at!

Here's the view at night. All lit up and pretty!

We were out because there was a stargazing activity. This is my family with my former boss, Treena Cueva Tecson and her daughter, Hailey. Treena was my boss way back when I was in PR. Now she's the assistant vice president of PR of SM Hotels and Conventions (yep, Pico is an SM property), so we're at Pico as her guests. Thanks, Treena!

Pico de Loro Cove is open to members and their guests only. It's a very exclusive community! So check if you have a friend or family who is a member there. Or you can become a member, too. It's a really lovely place! I'll show you more photos after the jump...



Good morning! This is us after a big breakfast at Lagoa, one of the many restaurants and bars at Pico. Anyway, this is a hill near the beach. We chose to walk to the beach from our hotel, to burn off the big breakfast, but it's quite a walk pala! Vince could handle it, same with our two energetic boys, but preggy me wished I had taken the shuttle! This place is huge!

Anyway, the beach was too hot. Sand was hot, sun was scorching, and I preferred to take the boys for a swim in a controlled environment so we walked back to the shuttle station and rode back to the country club for a swim in the kiddie pool.

We enjoyed ourselves a wee bit too much that we stayed in the water till noon! So when we went back to our room and I invited the boys to go out and explore after lunch, only this little guy was up for it.
Hehe, he looks so lolo!

Anyway, lolo Iñigo and I hopped onto a shuttle and off we went to check out the beach club.

So hot! If you need to cool down, there's a ton of activities lined up for everyone: scuba diving, snorkeling, jet skiing, boating, kayaking, wind surfing, and island hopping. That's just the beach.

There's the pool!

Here's a better photo.

If, like me, you don't like sun exposure, there's lots of things to do indoors. There's basketball, badminton, tennis and squash. There's bowling and billiards. There's karaoke and video games. There's a gym and dance studio. There's a spa!

There's also a chapel.
Wouldn't it be nice to get married here?

The mountains on one side...

The sea on the other. And a large viewing deck for your wedding guests, too! I can imagine a sunset wedding here.

Anyway! That was our little weekend trip to Pico de Loro Cove! A weekend is not enough really. We weren't able to enjoy everything Pico had to offer because we were just so tired. We should've stayed for three days instead of just an overnight trip!

To get to Hamilo Coast is easy enough. It's just go straight-straight-straight! From MOA, drive down Roxas Blvd until it becomes Coastal Road. Drive down that until it becomes CAVITEX. Then drive down that until you see a sign by a Petron gas station that says turn left. Go straight down that road again until you see another sign that says go left again. You won't miss it. There are so many signs after CAVITEX! Then it's a loooooong and winding drive up and down the mountains and then you'll see the huge entrance to Pico de Loro Hamilo Coast. You won't miss it! Here's a map!

That's our first summer adventure! Perhaps our last, too, since I'm a bit too big to be bouncing about. Vince is still thinking of flying off to Boracay. Our last big adventure before the baby pops out! But I'm scared airplanes will refuse to fly a 7-month-pregnant woman. Can I still fly pa ba? Seriously thinking of going to Bora next!

For more information on Pico de Loro Cove, visit their website.

*a few images here are courtesy of SM Hotels and Conventions.

* * * * * * *
P.S.
Like me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Instagram
Love me on Bloglovin'

8 comments:

  1. Regarding flying at 7months, they would make you sign a waiver =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flying in your third semester will likely require a medical clearance but as a nurse, I wouldn't chance it if I were you. The change in air pressure can very well trigger premature labor and while Boracay is just an hour=r away by air, there's still a risk. Not to scare you but I read this just a couple weeks ago: http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/article/1456417/baby-born-board-diverted-cathay-flight-dies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good good! I don't want to go anywhere actually. I don't even know how I can manage the long lines at the airport, the flight, the boat trip! Even now, I'm so lazy to get out of bed hehe

      Delete
  3. I've heard so much about Pico! Would really love to visit the place too. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to be a member of Pico, pag naging milyonaryo na ako! :)

    Don Iñigo indeed! Cutie patootieee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How I'd love to go there! A friend said it's better than Anvaya.
    And I also used to work with Ms. Treena's team when she was the Comms Dept head back at a real estate company. Ü

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sa cavitex pala kayo nagdaan then maragondon cavite na... I wanted to pass through kaybiang tunnel so we tried that path but man was I sorry! Mag Tagaytay na lang ako next time haha

    ReplyDelete

This is all pretty new to me so please feel free to share your mommy wisdom!