But we have to concede that the leggings have wormed its way from gym wear to outer wear. As you can see, even I have worn them to visit the OBG. So here are my tips on how to wear leggings:
- Your leggings may be worn as pants but only if they're thick. If you can see through them, then those are not leggings. They're stockings.
- Leggings should fall below the ankle. If it falls anywhere above your ankle, that's called gym attire. Wear only at the gym!
- Printed leggings are fun but they look best on the skinniest legs because printed leggings make legs look big. Even skinny me can't pull off those things anymore.
- Your top must be long enough to hide your butt and your crotch. No excuses.
- Your top must be short enough so that it doesn't look like you're super conservative. If you do plan to wear leggings with a dress, don't. Wear opaque tights instead. (Leggings don't have feet, if you didn't know the difference between leggings and tights!)
So what's great to pair with leggings? A long cardigan, cozy boyfriend/hubby sweater or any of your boyfriend's or husband's shirts, long button-down shirt. You can wear a dress but make sure it's short and that it hugs your body. A full skirt with leggings looks silly!
As you can see with what I did with the Elin Georgia dress (you already saw me in the gray version), I hiked it up to my butt so now it looks like a long shirt.
Gosh, I love my Elin Georgia dress! So versatile! If you want Elin maternity and nursing dresses and tops, too, shop shop shop at their online shop!
* * * * * * *
Like me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Instagram
Love me on Bloglovin'