Friday, June 27, 2014

Style in my third trimester

I'm almost 38 weeks along. Will exactly be 38 weeks on Sunday. I gave birth to Vito when I was 39 weeks and 3 days pregnant, and to Iñigo when I was 38 weeks and 6 days. So I think next week will be my last week of pregnancy (I hope haha) and by next weekend, I should have a bouncing baby boy in my arms again! Can't wait!!!

But since I'm (still!) waiting and waiting for Baby Chicken to come out, how about we do a little post on pregnant style?

I've never found it difficult to dress my pregnant body (what's hard is dressing up the lumpy post-partum body!). There is never a time in a woman's life when a huge belly is so much fun to flaunt! Now, I had thought that my second pregnancy was also going to be my last so I had given away nearly all my preggy dresses soon after Iñigo was born. Thank goodness my friends helped me be stylish this time around by lending me their maternity clothes!
Just at home in a purple V-neck maxi from Tango. This is so super comfy! It's simple enough for lounging at home but the deep grape hue makes it perfectly cute for going to the mall, too!

At a Lancôme event (I'm posing with Lancôme's product manager) last month in what Vince calls the "sexy zebra" dress from A.N.A. Maternity. I super duper love this dress! I love how the stripes bring out my curves more. Normally, stripes are a no-no when you're curvy (stripes make you look wider) but this striped dress really emphasizes the big baby bump!

At a Sangobion event last month, I wore a Pea in a Pod tube dress with an incredibly high slit at the back (it kinda goes almost all the way to my butt!). To add some interest to the basic black, I wore a Sopia bib necklace, Pedro gray heels, and Ni-QUA paper bag clutch.

Here's what it looks like from the side. Same lang haha. I wore this naman at home, this month lang, so you can see that the tight dress actually stretches to accommodate growing tummies, even 8-months-preggy tummies!

At the OBG with the whole family just recently, I'm wearing my old Gingersnaps dress with Charles & Keith gray snakeskin sandals. The bag is our diaper bag. It's actually not a real diaper bag; it's a woven tote from Cole Haan, but I find diaper bags really ugly so I've been using tote bags instead. This Cole Haan one I've been using for a year now.

Anyway, here's a closer look at the same gray Gingersnaps dress. I really like this dress. The sleeves make my chubby arms look slim haha. It's just super short now, because my tummy's so big at 9 months, so I really should stop wearing this!

Me at the OBG again, telling my IG followers that I'm fat haha. I'm in a Gingersnaps dress made of this super soft t-shirt material.

Here's what I wore to the OBG this week (weekly visits now!). It's a Karimadon dress and it's not meant to be maternity. I just bought a large size. My shoes are studded sandals from Dune UK.

That's it! I do wear other dresses. I just forget to take pictures (that's why I'm never going to become a fashion blogger!). And super sorry for all the blurry pics. I just took screen caps of my Instagram (follow me for more OOTDs!) so they're not high resolution. So there. We're passing the time, counting the days with my preggy style haha! Thanks for indulging me!

* * * * * * *
P.S.
Like me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Instagram
Love me on Bloglovin'

1 comment:

This is all pretty new to me so please feel free to share your mommy wisdom!