Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Beauty breastfeeding

Olivia Wilde is on the cover of the September issue of Glamour looking incredible (as always) in plunging peach perfection...

But it's her celebration of breastfeeding that captures the hearts and attention of fans (and more) everywhere:

She tells Glamour:

"It felt like we were capturing that multifaceted woman we’ve been discussing—that we know we can be. You can be someone who is at once maternal and professional and sexy and self-possessed. [But] I mean, I certainly don’t really look like that when I’m [typically] breastfeeding. And there’s usually a diaper involved.”

So so beautiful! And so so true! I love it when celebrities post photos of themselves breastfeeding their children, or, in some cases like with Salma Hayek, she even nursed a hungry child who isn't hers. I know they get flak for that, that motherhood isn't that glamorous. But I really think motherhood is just one aspect of womanhood. We can be "maternal and professional and sexy and self-possessed." We can be anything we want, look fantastic (perhaps not at the magazine-photo level!), and still be great moms!

Glamour is available at newsstands, bookstores and magazine shops. Get a copy now! I sure want one!

* * * * * * *
P.S.
Like me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Instagram
Love me on Bloglovin'

1 comment:

  1. Hi Frances,

    I found this cute blog buttons about breastfeeding and I thought about this post. http://squeesome.com/blog-freebies/

    ReplyDelete

This is all pretty new to me so please feel free to share your mommy wisdom!