Sunday, February 1, 2015

How my life is possible

This post is brought to you by SMART Communications.

"I don't know how you do it."

I get this all the time. All. The. Time.


Whenever people find out I have three little boys and no yaya, they look at me like I have three heads. The answer is simple: I am mostly at home, I have a husband who also works from home, and we have a maid who does the cooking and cleaning. That means there's three of us taking care of three kids. If we really need to leave the kids because we both have errands or work, we leave them with my mother-in-law or I ask my sister to come over and babysit. There's really nothing so incredible about how we do things!


I don't know why people wonder about this since I think we all make our own unique situations work. For example, people think we're against yayas. Oh no, we love yayas! It's just that we don't need yayas now. If my husband and I had to work 8-5 jobs, then we'd hire yayas.

All moms do the same thing! I'm not so special. We all do what we need to do to make life move forward. Some of us moms can take care of many kids single-handedly. Some of us moms need more help, and I will never look down on moms who have a yaya for each kid. We do what we have to do to stay sane! Some of us need family members every day to help out, and then there's some of us who like to do things on our own. Most of us have yayas, drivers, maids. Many of us rely on family. Some of us depend on technology.

As parents who embrace technology, we have iPads, smart phones and TV shows and movies for the kids to enjoy. I know people frown on this but, hey, our kids are bright and friendly and just about the most well-mannered children I know. Technology helps me as a parent!

As a writer and editor who works from home, I need my iPhone, iPad and MacBook, and a reliable Internet connection. I'm working round the clock and my gadgets and mobile service provider make me an efficient career woman (thanks, Smart!).

As a blogger, I need those same gadgets and that same reliable Internet connection so that I can promote my blogs and blog sponsors to all my social media followers.


My life is possible because of a lot of help here at home—from my husband, my kasambahay, my own kids (they watch out for each other!), and from the best technology. That's how I do it!

If you also need a little help, I super recommend Smart's free Internet. I get household tips and tricks, home decor ideas, arts and crafts projects for the kids, recipes, inspiration for motherhood and marriage every day all day! To know more about how to Live More with Smart's #FreeInternetForAll, text FREE to 9999.

P.S. I'm on the Smart website!  Katabi ko pa si Cecile! Naks!


* * * * * * *
P.S.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Like me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Instagram
Love me on Bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is all pretty new to me so please feel free to share your mommy wisdom!