Monday, April 20, 2015

I'll always be special

I love this video of an experiment involving blindfolded kids picking out their moms in a lineup. Using just touch and smell, the kids all accurately picked out their mamas.



I remembered this documentary I watched a long time ago, on emperor penguins coming back from the ocean, their tummies full of fish. On a vast expanse of ice, thousands of baby penguins wait, and they're all the same kind of fluffy and white, and I thought there's just no way the parents can find their baby. But they do, they do. They find their very own!

I love how special each mommy felt. How unique and how loved!

But did you also feel each mommy's apprehension that their child won't recognize them? I did. I felt the real fear behind the worry. How many of us moms think that we're all taken for granted, pushed to the side, hidden in the background, always in the supporting role, forgotten, unappreciated, unseen?

I feel that sometimes! But that's silly really. I must never forget that I'll always be incredibly special to three little boys and their Papa. And that's more than enough for me. Really. That's more than I deserve, and I am grateful.


* * * * * * *

P.S.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Like me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Instagram
Love me on Bloglovin'

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh naiyak ako sa video! But the good kind of cry, the so "Oh I am so love" kind of cry! Thanks for sharing! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one made mo cry...

    Araceli (Mom of 3 boys)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I did feel their apprehension. I did feel unappreciated today. My thought was I'm always an alalay to the kids and hubby. That video made me tear a little, but your post has me weeping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, Cym! HUGS! We all get those days. I think it's okay to grieve a little for ourselves, though, because we do give so much to everyone! Then after a good cry, gather yourself up and LOVE AGAIN! =D

      Delete
  4. Good thing my teammates are in the meeting room or else, they will see me again crying because of something that I watched. I agree with what you told Cym. It's actually good to have a good cry, gather yourself up and love again. I bet all of us do this a million times :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this video made me cry the other day.. but while reading your post --made me cry after a few seconds. I just lost my Mom 2 months ago, and a part of me felt that if I was the kid looking for her Mama, I was sure to find her. But when I imagined me being the Mama, you're right, at one point, I was not sure if my kids will recognize me, my smell or my touch.. :( but your post just reminded me that I am special in the eyes of my kids and husband. and that should be enough, more than enough for us, Moms. Thanks for the reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete

This is all pretty new to me so please feel free to share your mommy wisdom!