Sunday, December 6, 2015

Iñigo and the birthday song

Last weekend, we celebrated my father's 71st birthday.


My brother's friends from his string quartet group, the Manila String Machine, came over to play a repertoire of songs from movies, pop music, and Christmas favorites.

Then we all had cake.

Iñigo sang,

Happy to you, Lolo!
Happy to you, Lolo!
Happy to you, happy to you...
Happy to you, Lolo!

And I thought, "He is soooo adorable!"

And then, because I am his mama and I have a responsibility to make sure he does things right, I said, "It's 'Happy birthday to you!' Let's sing it again, and let's sing it right this time."

Then my three-year-old sweetie sang it correctly... and now I think I shouldn't have taught him to sing it perfectly because he grew up suddenly from one second to the next, in the blink of an eye.

I wish I had enjoyed "Happy to you," one more time before I decided he had to grow up.

* * * * * * *
P.S.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Like me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Instagram
Love me on Bloglovin'

2 comments:

This is all pretty new to me so please feel free to share your mommy wisdom!