Friday, January 29, 2016

Topaz Mommy nominated for Best Parenting Blog for Blogopolis!

Hi everyone! I've got great news! Topaz Mommy was nominated for Best Parenting Blog for Blogopolis, the biggest blogging and social media conference in the Philippines. Yey! 

But now the judges need to choose a winner and I need to submit three blog posts from 2015 for them to read and judge. I can't pick three! I love ALL my blog posts haha! So please help me decide by voting for your favorite Topaz Mommy blog post published last year. Here are my top picks:


Why I'm still a working mama -
I talk about how I love working and that my career doesn't make me a bad mother at all.

What true love means -
I realize that love is not of gooey and googly-eyed stuff but of backbreaking and soul-crushing, no, soul-soaring service.

Taking back my joy -
I come clean about my difficulties with marriage and motherhood and then take a stand against the defeat I feel as a wife and mother.

Vito is 5 and that is a most wonderful thing -
I honor my firstborn son, who is the brightest soul that inhabits my universe.

Struggling with mommy blogging -
I explore the delicate balance of online parenting confessions vs respecting my family's privacy.

Tried and failed. All good! -
I share my failed adventures and what I learned from them.

Please pick your favorite so I can submit them! Thanks so much and wish me luck!


I'm just thrilled to be nominated. Thank you, Nuffnang! There are so many wonderful and inspiring parenting blogs in the Philippines. Yet I will still encourage every mother and father to add your voice! It's never too crowded in the parenting blogosphere. We need to form a community so we can all learn from each other and support each other. It takes a village to raise our kids, remember? Let's be that loving and encouraging village—we need more neighbors! Come join us!



22 comments:

  1. Hi, Ms. Frances! Congratulations on Topaz Mommy's nomination! From your top picks, below are the three that I liked the most:
    1. Vito is 5 and that is a most wonderful thing
    2. Taking back my joy
    3. Tried and failed

    Wishing you the best of luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! I like those a lot, too! =D

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! Here are my picks!

    1. Why I'm still a working mama
    2. Taking back my joy
    3. Struggling with mommy blogging

    Goodluck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really hope you win, as I said in a comment on your Instagram, you are the ONLY authentic mommy blogger out there

    Taking back my joy
    Vito is 5 and that is a most wonderful thing
    Tried and failed. All good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! There are a lot of wonderful mommy bloggers! I'm inspired by many =) I'll do a blog post soon on mom blogs I enjoy.

      Delete
  4. I pick these: What true love means, Taking back my joy, Struggling with mommy blogging

    Good luck, Frances! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Frances! You're really my mommy blogger peg. #fangirl

    Someday soon I hope to follow my passions and pursue my dream job (of being a WAHM) like you!

    Anyway, here are my favorites from your list. Hope this helps! :)

    1. Taking Back My Joy
    2. Vito is 5 and that is a most wonderful thing
    3. Tried and Failed. All Good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WAHMing is not easy because you can't work! The kids are always interrupting, disrupting, and demanding things from you! I'm happy to be a WAHM and I wish you can do it soonest, too, while the kids still want us around. Me, I'm waiting patiently for Piero to wean. As soon as he does, I plan to go back to the office! =)

      Delete
  6. congratulations, ms. F! :D

    these are my top 3:

    Taking back my joy
    Struggling with mommy blogging
    Tried and failed. All good!

    Good luck! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. congratulations! i have always been a fan of blog�� Here are my top 3's:
    1) Vito is 5 and that is the most wonderful things ng.
    2) Why I'm still a working my momma
    3) Taking back my joy.

    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well-deserved, Frances! :)

    Tried and failed. All good! -- super can relate to this haha!
    What true love means
    Why I'm still a working mama

    - Dindi

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorites from the list:

    Why I'm still a working mama
    Vito is 5 and that is a most wonderful thing
    Struggling with mommy blogging

    I hope you win!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cris! I hope I win, too! Although one of my friends is nominated, too, so I'll be happy if she wins. =)

      Delete
  10. my favorites are:
    1. Vito is 5 and that is a most wonderful thing
    2. Why I'm still a working mama
    3. What true love means

    I'm sure you'll win! :) God bless and keep inspiring us! :)

    Anj

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here's my pick
    1. Taking back my joy ( the title makes me curious)
    2. Why I'm still a working mama
    3. Tried and failed. All good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck Ms. Frances! I'm an avid reader of your blog for years and now that I'm pregnant with my first baby, I'm more excited to learn from your experiences as a Mom! I also named my baby jelly bean too! :)

    Here's my favorites:
    1. Vito is 5 and that is a most wonderful thing
    2. Why I'm still a working mama
    3. Struggling with mommy blogging

    ReplyDelete

This is all pretty new to me so please feel free to share your mommy wisdom!